Friday at 8:00 AM, if she doesn't make her grand entrance before then! My doctor's office finally called me this morning with the date, or I would've let you all know sooner. August 24th sounds like a good birthday, doesn't it?
I "slept in" this morning, because I was awake several times during the night with contractions and bathroom breaks. I've been contracting semi-regularly since I got up, too, but only a few of them have been somewhat painful. I'm pretty much just expecting them to up and disappear as they always have thus far, but Ryan is hopeful that I will deliver TODAY! I guess you never know. One way or another, though, she has to come out... so there's really no use worrying over it. :)
In the meantime, I've discovered half.com on eBay, and was able to post the still-current books from my college days. I posted them on Saturday afternoon, and 4 out of 8 have already sold! I'm sure the little bit of extra money will come in handy for things like, oh, diapers. :)
I completely forgot to mention what the doctor said about our baby yesterday. She felt my stomach to determine the baby's position and size, and estimated that she's "an 8 pounder." Ryan told me afterwards, "okay, maybe it would be a good idea if you get the epidural." :) I know that doctors don't always get it right, and that they could be off by as much as a pound or so either way, but I was NOT expecting our baby to be 8 pounds! I think Ryan was only 7-something, and I probably would've been right over 7 pounds had I gone to term. (I was born 6 weeks premature) We'll just have to see!
So, that's my news for the day. Hope you all are doing well!
Oh I hope she decides to come out on her own! But that's great to have a scheduled delivery - there is an end in sight! :) And the 24th is an awesome day, I've always been partial to it, it's when we celebrate our anniversaries! :) I hope you're able to get better sleep tonight and get lots of rest before your baby girl arrives!
Hooray! The big day is almost here (if she doesn't intervene in the meantime :) I have another appt. this morning as well. I haven't hit my due date yet (Aug. 31st) but I have to admit, this is the longest I have carried any of my other children...so I'm in unchartered waters too!
I hope that it all goes smoothly! I have to say that I don't recommend an epidural (shew..there are SO many women that would disagree here!) Logically speaking though, and with the fact that I have had 3 kids of my own (2 without anything, 1 with an epidural) I must say without is harder at the moment, but much easier to deal with. Not to mention the fact that your body has already shown a lack in wanting to go into full blown labor on it's own...this might be a recipe for a c-section. I don't want to scare you b/c no matter how baby comes it will be WONDERFUL, but at this point in most hospitals they give an epidural at around 3-4 cm. This can lead to labor stopping it's progression and also prompt the need for unnatural means of "speeding things up" through pitocin. Lot's of chemicals that your body (and baby) can do without!
An 8 pound baby really isn't that bad :) Trust me I know this, I've had 2! Every body is different though, but just trust that you can do it, and God will take care of the rest! (I have had 2 doctors be wrong about the size of 2 of my babies!) Take care and God bless you! Vincy