Hey there! Anyone miss me? :) It has been a busy, but wonderful, four days since I last had the time to post. I did catch myself a couple times today thinking, what day is it today? Is it Tuesday or Wednesday? But don't worry, I'm not complaining!
As you all know, I had my baby shower on Saturday, which was WONDERFUL! I was actually getting contractions on Friday, and then on Saturday morning, which concerned me slightly. I had to remind this little girl that she just needed to wait another 24 hours! :) Of course, I have pictures from the shower to post, thanks my cousin Trish~
Some of the guests arriving...
Beautiful feast!
Diaper cake that my awesome cousin, Courtney, made!
Super cute (and delicious) cake~
Playing the ribbon game ("Err on the huge side," I told them)
Opening gifts...
Seriously, this little girl will be better dressed than I am!
Look at that belly!
Two of my (now-former) coworkers made it to the party! :)
As you can hopefully tell from the pictures, the shower was SO MUCH FUN, and I was so happy to have a lot of my family and friends there. :)
Sunday was pretty low-key... Ryan worked on the dresser for the nursery on Sunday afternoon, while I kept myself busy getting the nursery somewhat in order. On Monday, my Mom and I set out so I could get the "necessities" we needed before baby girl arrives. (like, uh, a mattress, for one) THAT made me feel a lot better, knowing we are pretty much set for when she comes home.
Today I went to get the car seat inspected by the local fire department. THAT was interesting! See, Ryan honestly couldn't see why we'd need to get it inspected, but everyone, including the hospital, insisted that all parents should get it done. So, anyway, after I got there, two of the firemen got on either side of the Explorer, and fiddled with the car seat. One of the guys turned to me, and asked, "Who installed this?" Uh oh, I thought. "My husband did," I told him. "Well, he did a really good job," he said. "Yeah, tell him if he needs a part-time job, he could teach the people here in ______ (name of our town) a thing or two," the other guy told me. Of course, when I told Ryan, he got a real kick out of that. :)
I'm honestly pretty ready for our baby girl to arrive. I'm ready to be past this whole pregnancy part, and move on to being a mom. :) At this point, it feels like I've been pregnant forever! I just can't wait to see her.
Well, that's all of my news! Hope you all are doing GREAT! :)
Aww Em! You REALLY don't look like you're ready to deliver any day now - I'm sure you're feeling huge (and that this nasty summer heat isn't helping), but you certainly don't LOOK that big. I hope I look that good at 9 months!
Can't wait to see this little one... I'm getting excited; can't even begin to imagine how excited you two must be!!! :)
Emily! I am so glad your mom sent me your link! I was thrilled to see pictures of you and your dh! It is so hard for me to believe that you are getting ready to have a baby! I remember you as a toddler. Of course I wasn't too old myself! ;) Now I look forward to seeing photos of your precious baby! I know what you mean about your baby girl being better dressed than you! I still feel that way. Of course they may be because I prefer to buy books instead of clothes. Ah well, as long as dh doesn't mind! :) Anyway, I love shopping pink, and purple, and sweet yellow! I know you are so ready to have that sweet baby to put in the precious clothes!
I'm also so glad you will are going to be home with your sweet baby! Praying for you! In Him, Eva
I hear you girl! I'm ready to be at the end as well :)
What a lovely shower! It looks like everyone...including you, had a great time! Isn't it nice to feel like your truly READY!
Your really right around the corner! Has your doctor told you it could be at ANY time now? I know they say you need all the "symptoms" but keep in mind every person is different, as is every pregnancy :) Hang in there, any day now!
I posted pics of our latest trip (last one till baby comes at least!) and I understand the whole belly thing :) I have become increasingly uncomfortable lately. Up till this past week things weren't too bad, but now if I eat something as small as a sandwhich I feel like I will explode :) Ahh, it will all be worth it though :)
Take care of you, and get as much rest as your body will allow! God bless, Vincy
Hey there gorgeous! You certainly are a glowing beauty! :) I have been thinking about you and praying for you often, hoping that you'll have an easy delivery! I can't wait to see that beautiful baby of yours either!! And guess what? I'm sending some clothes tomorrow!!!!!!!! :)