I know now that I must be getting closer to the end. My coworker, who is due two weeks before me, is being induced next Thursday, (less than a week away!) and today's her last day of work. It's bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm absolutely thrilled for her that she's having her baby boy. On the other hand, I'm sad that I won't see her every day, and get to talk to her about our pregnancies!
I'm actually in disbelief that we're at the end already. It seems like only yesterday when she told me about her pregnancy while I was waiting patiently to find out if our first month had been successful!
As of today, I have two more weeks of work left. They haven't hired a replacement for me yet, but hopefully that will happen soon, so I can start training them. There's a lot of ground to cover. Of course I'll be sad to leave, but I'll be very happy to be done with work, for a few reasons.
For one? One of my (very few) work shirts which still fits literally decided to self-destruct this morning. I had already put it on, and the opaque under-layer decided to tear away at the seam, leaving an inch gap on one side of the shirt. Lovely. I honestly had nothing else I could wear, so I adjusted it a bit so it's not-so-noticeable, and just need to make it through the day!
I had the craziest craving yesterday afternoon for bisquick biscuits, specifically with honey. Random. Thankfully a grocery store run was already on the agenda after I got off from work! Other things I'm enjoying right now are Fruity Pebbles, (seriously hadn't had them since I was a kid!) watermelon, and Carnation instant breakfasts. (the powder kind) I can't get enough milk. I recently replaced my frappaccinos with those instant breakfast things (two, instead of one, since they only have 150 calories, and baby needs more than that!) and it's waaay better for both of us. Sure, they don't make me nearly as perky, but they have lots of protein and calcium.
I found out a couple days ago that I have, in fact, experienced some contractions. I'd had Braxton Hicks before, but honestly had no clue what actual contractions are supposed to feel like. I had experienced some pains, not knowing what they were, but after reading a post on The Nest about what contractions feel like, the mystery is solved! And here I had been worried that I hadn't experienced any sort of end-of-the-tunnel symptoms. :) I know I still have a little ways to go, but that's okay by me.
Hope you all have a fast and easy Friday, and a GREAT weekend! :)