Friday, July 20, 2007

Progress?

Happy Friday to you all!! I'm actually feeling a million times better today, which I think is partially due to being able to rest again yesterday evening, and finally getting some decent sleep! I only woke up two times instead of, er, five or six.

I woke up the second time because I was having a contraction, which I finally realized was due to the position I had been sleeping in. I gave up switching from one side to the other, and had fallen asleep with my back propped up on a bunch of pillows, with a few under my legs. I realized, though, that when I do wake up in the middle of the night because of a contraction, I've always been in that position! It never happens if I'm laying on my side. Interesting, no?

Well, my appointment went pretty well, I guess. My doctor did all the routine checks, and also did the group B strep test. Then she mentioned that she'll check me for progress starting next week. "Darn, I thought that started this week," I told her. "Well, I can check now if you'd like me to," she said. So, she checked, but unfortunately, zero progress. Sure, I know it's still early, but hearing that there was NO progress was a little disappointing!

Ryan brought in our new table for the nursery, and put it together last night. It's adorable! What can I say? The man has good taste. :)

His real project, though, starts this weekend! We finally made the decision to take the dresser that I've had since I was just a little thing, and re-paint it white to match the nursery. (it's currently just a natural finish, no paint) Ryan's going to sand it down, prime it, and paint it. Then I'm going to pick out some new drawer pulls for it. I think it's going to be really great to have a piece of furniture in our little girl's room which we can tell her that I've used since I was little. Plus, it's a really sturdy, well-made, all-wood dresser, so it'll be nice to restore some life into it. :)

Wow. Exactly one week from now I'll be here for my final day of work. Can you believe it?! For those of you who asked about whether or not I will still be updating once I'm at home, the answer is YES! Are you kidding? I'm going to have so many pictures and stories to share! :) We're probably going to hold off a little while on getting internet at home, but we have an "internet cafe" in our complex, and we're able to get internet on Ryan's laptop. So.. the time that I update may change, but I will absolutely keep updating. :)

Also, the only reason I'd renew my ryan-and-emily.com web domain would be so I can upload and display pictures. It's not really connected to my journal here. But after I asked yesterday if I should maybe change that name, I started wondering if maybe I should change the web address for my journal, too! I hadn't really thought about it. We'll see.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)


7:20 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers