Well, we're back from the beach, and we had a GREAT time! There's really nothing quite like the beach. :) I've been to quite a few beaches on the east coast, but Virginia Beach always reminds me of family vacations, and brings back good memories.. so it's extra special for that reason. For Ryan and I, though, this was actually the first time we had been to VA beach together!
We arrived pretty early on Sunday morning, thanks to no traffic whatsoever, and headed straight out to the beach. It was definitely hot during the whole trip, (it was supposed to reach 100 yesterday, but it mainly stayed around 93 or 94 while we were there) and, as Virginia weather typically is, it was very humid! On the beach, though, there was always a breeze, so it was enjoyable. :) We left at a good time, too.. thisis the forecast for the next 10 days!!!
We stayed at the Hilton the first night, which, I have to admit, was very nice... it was pretty much the nicest hotel on the beach, and just built in '05. We never stayed anywhere like that on family vacations!! The hotel was beautiful, our room was great, (the bathroom, especially, was awesome! I loved the steam shower!) they had a rooftop infinity pool and hot tub, which had incredible views, and we just overall enjoyed it there.
The second night, though, we stayed at the Fairfield Marriott. Honestly, I instantly felt at home! It felt more like the Virgina Beach experience that I know and love. :) The staff was a lot more friendly there, our room was ready 4 hours early, our request for a high-level room was fulfilled, and I actually think I enjoyed the experience there better than at the Hilton! They also a had a free breakfast, which I think was the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. I could definitely see us having family vacations there. :)
We had seafood both nights, and the best was at this place called Captain George's. Oh my goodness, GREAT seafood! You can't come to the beach and not have seafood, you know? That'd just be wrong. The atmosphere at the other place we ate at, called Rockafeller's, was really enjoyable, though. We were on a second-floor deck, overlooking the water, and the weather was perfect.
We did lots and lots of walking... past all of the shops, (and I didn't buy a thing!) and along the beach. My feet are still tired today! Oh, wait, I did buy something: sunglasses, $9.99. I somehow lost mine somewhere! I really liked them, too. Ryan's happy, though, because he finally got me to buy a big pair of sunglasses. :) I picked a pair that wasn't obnoxiously large, and actually liked them. He REALLY wanted me to get a big pair of those white sunglasses, but I drew the line there!
So, I'm sure what you all really want to see are the pictures, and I won't disappoint. :) I uploaded them as soon as we got home last night and got unpacked! Here are 21 pictures that I chose from the bunch... we mainly used our camcorder through the whole trip, but I had to take some pictures to share. :)
The Hilton
Really gorgeous artwork in the lobby-- It had a waterfall and lights behind it~
Our room :)
A view from our balcony
Other side of the beach
Close-up of the King Neptune statue~
The beach around 9 AM the next morning
My hubby out on the balcony~
Me in all my pregnant, ahem, glory
Rooftop infinity pool and hot tub -- 21 stories up!
Part of the view to one side
King Neptune's park--they had concerts going under that gazebo every night
Our room at the Marriott
Sunrise on Tuesday morning!
Perhaps the best part about coming to the beach
View down the beach
Taking some last shots of the beach before leaving
It was HOT before we left!!
We rented one of those yellow & blue cabanas on the 2nd day!
Welcome home sweetie! Gorgeous beach--just like I remember from all those family vacations! Destin Beach was beautiful with white sand but my favorite will always be Virginia Beach! Mom
so good to see you had a good time! i hope that it helped you to feel rested!
just think..."they" say any time after 36 weeks and your good to go! how does that feel? With the first baby you never know when they'll want to come into the world :)
take care and enjoy the time you have left...however long that may be! God bless! Vincy