It's my LAST WEEK OF WORK! I absolutely cannot believe how fast the time has gone. With this day nearly over, I've only got 4 more work days left. Crazy. Everyone here has been a little sad today, especially after the e-mail went out about how I'm leaving, and how they've hired my replacement.
Speaking of my replacement, I was supposed to start training her today at 2:30. She's currently a nanny, and put in her two weeks' notice last Friday, but she was trying to work it out so she could do training with me for a few days this week. Today didn't work out. So, now the plan is that she'll be here on Wednesday and Thursday. Not much time, but we'll have to make it work!
Our weekend was nice. :) While Ryan sanded away at baby girl's soon-to-be-new dresser on Saturday, I ran out and finally got my hair cut. It needed it; it had been a good 4 months or so since I'd had it trimmed. I had split ends on split ends on split ends. Yes, it really was that bad. No, really, I'm not joking. My poor hair.
I felt a little daring, and had her chop off a solid 4 inches or more from my hair. (you never know the exact length... they always get scissor-happy when someone with long hair walks through the door.) I even had her put in some angles, which I'm happy about now, because it's not all one length.
Of course, I feel like it's super short, even though it's still considered "long" by everyone else. You'll get to see for yourself in this week's belly picture!
I've got a pretty full week ahead of me, and I'm excited about it! On Thursday, we'll finally have our hospital tour. (which I should've scheduled way earlier, but thankfully baby girl has been gracious enough to hold off on her debut thus far) Then Friday is my last day of work, and I'm thinking about baking some sort of goodies to bring in. Maybe something easy, though, like cookies.
Then, Saturday is my friends & family baby shower! I am SO excited about it! I have absolutely no clue what I'll be wearing yet, but considering only about 3 things fit me anymore, it shouldn't take too long to decide. Okay, so that's a slight exaggeration, but not by much. I feel like my belly is growing by leaps and bounds!
Ryan is grilling out tonight, which I'm really looking forward to! The man can grill. On Saturday he grilled up BBQ chicken, and baked potatoes... both turned out perfectly! And get this.. he's picking up a bag of charcoal on his way home, because, in his words, "I don't want you lifting it." :) Bless him. Delicious dinner tonight!
Yay I'm so excited for you! This is an excited week for you. And I can't wait to see the new hair of yours! I need to get mine cut soon too...mine is like how you described yours before the cut! Yikes! oh and btw, I'm commenting here, because xanga is being really really weird and slow right now.