Good morning, and happy Monday all! I hope you all had a very nice weekend. :)
To be honest, our weekend wasn't the greatest. It got off to a good start--Ryan and I both ran errands on Saturday, and I got the few baby items I needed for pictures on Sunday. Then it all kinda went downhill.
Without getting into details, it was a very drama-filled weekend. Lots of complete misunderstandings. Lots of very hurt feelings. I feel trapped in the middle. I cried a lot this weekend. Not fun.
After church on Sunday, we looked around and waited for my friend, who was set to take the maternity pictures, and her husband. We didn't see them. I had missed a call from her, so I called her back, but it went straight to voicemail. I also tried another number I had for them, but it rang and rang and went to voicemail. After waiting for a while, I figured they possibly extended their vacation (they were set to get back the night before) and we decided to go get a quick lunch nearby and see if they called sometime soon. They didn't. :( So we went home.
I found out this morning through e-mail that they had gone to Sunday school, then headed off for lunch. She said she left a voicemail, but I didn't have one. Ah well! We're going to reschedule for sometime this week....
Ryan finished packing, then headed out around 3:30 for his business trip. He's got a conference to attend today and tomorrow, and will be getting home LATE tomorrow night. I miss him. I don't mind so much having the house to myself, (I watched three consecutive episodes of 'Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?'--something I'd NEVER be able to do if Ryan has control of the remote!) but especially when it comes time to head to bed, I really hate being by myself. I'm especially needy now, I think, and I'd much rather have my hubby home than be able to watch 'Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?' freely.
The weather looks beautiful today, from what I can tell. :) Even though it causes my ankles and feet to swell, I love the warm weather! I took a couple walks through town on my lunch breaks last week, and snagged a great find at one of my favorite stores here in town. You know that sign we have our doorway that says "Always Kiss Me Goodnight"? Well, I found a super cute one that is brown with ivory/gold lettering that says "Good Night ~ Sleep Tight ~ Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite." Even though I wanted it, I passed on it the first time I saw it, but told Ryan about it that night. He thought it sounded really cute, too, (I mean, who wasn't told that at bedtime growing up?? :)) so I went back the next day and got it. So very cute!
Well, it's looking like it's going to be a pretty busy day today. I will also have lots of things I can do to occupy my time in the evenings while Ryan is gone. I'm thinkin' lots of long walks and organizing! And relaxing, of course. I still need to go through the bags and bags of girl clothing my coworker gave me, to see what we're keeping and what we're giving away.
rough weekends are always hard to see the brighter side of, but it sounds like your hanging in there :)
just remember that you need extra rest as your emotions (mine too) tend to be heightened quite a bit right now. it doesn't mean you didn't have a good reason to be upset, it means that those emotions are more taxing to your entire system then they used to be. remember when a "good cry" felt somewhat cleansing? now (at least for me) it feels draining. take that into consideration and give yourself more rest than usual. take care of you, and God bless, Vincy