Whoa, it's THURSDAY already. Another busy day, thus why I'm just now posting. It's a good busy, but busy nevertheless. :)
Ryan gave me the OK to order a lamp for the nursery yesterday! During the day, it's my favorite place in the whole house, because it's so light-filled. :) However, there currently is no lighting in there whatsoever, so I figured a floor lamp would get the job done. I saw a lamp I liked when my Mom and I browsed through the Pottery Barn Kids store, just for the heck of it. Of course, the price tag was extremely unreasonable, (I think it was $129!) but I was hoping to find something similar. And I did. :)
Target, $44.99, with free shipping! Not only waaaay less than PBK, but also half the cost of the one JCPenney has, too. The shade is a pink gingham, which I think will be a cute accent, and will coordinate well with the bedskirt and the tulips on the bedding. It also has a 3-way switch, which was a must. Last thing I need is a super-bright light on during middle-of-the-night feedings. :) It had GREAT reviews on Target.com, and I'll let you know how it turns out once it's here!
Well, that's ALL the purchasing for the room I'll be doing for quite a while. I have so many ideas for the nursery, but alas, the medical bills are the bigger priority at the moment. :)
You know, I can only imagine what it will be like when this little girl is DOUBLE the weight she is now! (she's roughly 3 1/2 lbs at the moment) Last night, she had flipped around, and was no longer head-down. She was kicking waaay down in my lower belly rather than up by my ribs. Today, she was squirming around and pushing towards the front of my belly so much that it actually kinda... hurt. :) She's getting big!!
One thing I never knew before I got pregnant was that my belly would look different depending on where the baby is located and how they're positioned in the uterus. I just figured they conform to the space that's available in there, and it always looks the same, but no. For instance, I can wake up in the morning with a much flatter-looking belly because she's mostly in the back, but then when she moves to the front, and is pushing out on my stomach, it looks enormous!! Maybe I should've known that, but.. I didn't. It's very neat, though. :)
Well, enough of my ramblings. Hope you all are having a great week!
Love the lamp, my SIL would love it too because they did their little girls room in pink and white gingham. Did you ever take a picture of the babies room, I'd love to see it!!