I love being pregnant. Honest and truly, I do enjoy it. The whole process is an absolute miracle, and I've noticed that every little thing she does inside of me makes me realize just how real she is. There's nothing like it, nor will there be until she's actually here. :)
That being said, you really have to keep a sense of humor during pregnancy. It's not always pretty, and at times it's hard to remember that at one point in time you were a capable, fully functioning human being.
For instance? My short term memory sucks. I can literally think of something like, "Oh, I should go check our bank account online." By the time I've clicked on Internet Explorer, and go to type in the web address, I've already forgotten what I got online to do. I am so not joking. This kind of thing happens all the time, with anything and everything.
And why is it that I am at the very peak of clumsiness at the exact same time when bending over to pick up the things I've dropped is practically mission impossible? Just a not-so-funny coincidence, I suppose.
Ironically, at the time when I should be getting the MOST sleep, while sleep is still a possibility without a newborn to tend to, my body has decided that it can't ever be comfortable. I'm lucky if I find a comfortable position for an entire hour before having to shift to yet another position. This goes on and on for the remainder of the night.
My ankles and feet are swollen, I get out of breath quickly thanks to my diminishing lung capacity, I'm breaking out in places I never have before thanks to raging hormones, I get heartburn and acid reflux, (things I never experienced pre-pregnancy) I can eat only a miniscule amount of food since my stomach is squished, only to be hungry again an hour later, I can no longer paint my toenails, (what toenails?) my waistline is larger than I ever thought possible, it takes forever and a day to shave... oh, the list goes on and on.
But then she gets the hiccups. And as my belly "pops" with each hiccup, the smile on my face gets bigger, and my pregnancy woes fade more and more. Feeling her move about and squirm around to get comfortable, or seeing my belly push out as she stretches out her legs, fills me with total and complete joy. Pregnancy is only for a season, but the love I already have for this little girl is forever.
That's my random little post for today... we have an entirely new phone system that was installed yesterday afternoon, which I need to learn about. Given it's more "2007" and less 1980's like our previous phones, this is gonna take some concentration. ;-) Hope you all have a wonderful day!
beautiful post my dear..this made me smile :) and i feel it all! i know what your going through as i've plodded through this 3x's before, and i even get to experience this right NOW with you (just 2 weeks behind)!
it's amazing isn't it? all that the body goes through, all that it will and has to endure to triumph at the end of this race with a gorgeous little life? every time i i've been pregnant it blows my mind. i was just thinking of the hardships that come as i was climbing the stairs...oooo, this is harder than it should be :) but then my kids start to smile as they feel a foot sticking out, or a little rump pushing against the limitations of my belly...it's just phenomenal! i hope that this weekend you get some rest! i have been taking my baths with 1 cup of epsom salt dissolved in them before i get in....not only is my skin behaving better, it has helped tremendously with the swelling in my feet and hands! try it and see if you like it! my doctor said it was perfectly safe. take care and God bless, Vincy