Good morning, and happy Monday! :) Wow, it was a GREAT weekend! If I could have 10 more exactly like that one, that'd be wonderful... a perfect mix of fun and relaxation. It was great! :)
We had our "date night" on Saturday, which was much-needed, and just wonderful. We went out to Olive Garden for dinner, (I got the shrimp & asparagus risotto--yum!) and then out to the movies to see Ocean's Thirteen. Gooood movie, though a little slower than the first two.
Yesterday was Ryan's first Father's Day. :) I got him a father-to-be card at Target, (who knew they made such things?!) along with a fantastic brown leather storage ottoman to go with "his" chair in the living room. :) They had it on clearance!!
Okay, so I'm sure you want to know how the shower went on Friday. :) Oh. my. goodness. I was seriously blown away by how generous everyone was! Apparently what they did was collect monetary gifts from those who wanted to contribute, then they took it to Babies R Us and bought us things from our registries. :) A few others brought their own gifts, too. They had these BEAUTIFUL cupcakes made especially for the party from a baker, some other delicious goodies, and yummy punch. I brought my camera and took a couple pictures; then one of my coworkers offered to take pictures of the event. :) So.. I have lots! Enjoy! :)
The chairs for Krissy & I. :) They even got us corsages!
The main table :)
Krissy & I. :) Dear goodness, I'm huge!
Some of my coworkers :)
THE BEAUTIFUL CUPCAKES!
Krissy & I opening our first gifts~
Opening the 30-piece Ultimate Care set :)
Opening OUR CAR SEAT!!
Just opened OUR STROLLER!!
Krissy opening an adorable knit sweater our coworker made!
Oh my gosh, we got so much stuff...
More gift opening...
Us with our final gifts :)
All of our gifts at home! They took up the entire table!
Our stroller after Ryan put it together! :)
Needless to say, we are AMAZED by how generous everyone was. I think the shock kept me from crying, but I was seriously overwhelmed! This company has been nothing short of wonderful to me, and I am so, so thankful. I've already written and dispersed all my thank you cards this morning!! (I wrote one for everyone here, since I wasn't sure who contributed and who didn't.)
Lastly, here's the pic of us at Krissy's shower last weekend! She was 32 1/2 weeks, and I was 30 1/2 weeks. :)
Well, that's all I've got. Hope you all had a great weekend!! :)
**EDIT** - CONGRATULATIONS TO DAYANA & MIKE ON THEIR PREGNANCY!!!
You had such a cute shower! The company you work for is amazing! =0 ) You look great & radiant. It was very thoughful of you to make a note on my pregnancy . . . I'm sure you remember how it felt when you were 9 weeks . . . I feel yucky all the time! I'm sure it will pass. Congratulations once again! I will be praying for Ryan's speedy recovery! Dayana
Hooray for all those beautiful gifts!! What a wonderful company you work for! It's so great to get the "big things" out of the way! Car seat and stroller are huge on the list aren't they? I hope that your still feeling good. i've been getting a bit more cramping, to be expected, but always a bit uncomfortable :) it will all be worth it soon! God bless, and take care! Vincy
the leather table/ottoman? that thing is cool. that is what i always seem to gravitate toward. seems like it would go nicely with a decanter and tumbler set to go inside it. and then the top can act as a serving tray.
Oh wow! What a wonderful place to work for. You certainly don't see that very often. It looks like it was a wonderful shower! And the cupcakes were absolutely adorable!