Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby Showers & Belly Buttons -

Good morning, and happy Monday! First off, thank you to all of you who prayed that Ryan's surgery would go well, and for quick healing. His surgery on Friday morning went off without a hitch, and he seems to be feeling better with each day. He's obviously not working today, but he thinks he may be able to go into the office tomorrow. We'll see... that may be a little optimistic! His body needs to heal, and that comes first, you know?

When we took off his bandages on Saturday, we were amazed by the fact that... he has a belly button! See, his hernia pushing on his belly button prevented him from ever having an innie belly button. It wasn't really an outie, either.. it was just flat. He doesn't think he even had an innie as a kid. So, I've never known my husband to ever have an actual belly button. Yet, lo and behold, there it is! The surgery was able to correct it completely, and his stitches are right on the very edge of his belly button, so they'll never be noticeable.

So, my hubby has a belly button for the first time in his life while I'm losing mine! Oh, the irony.

I attended a baby shower for my coworker Krissy on Sunday afternoon, which was much fun. :) She's due with a boy (to be named Braden) 2 weeks before me, and it's really hilarious how differently we're carrying! She's got the cute basketball tummy, and is carrying ALL out in front, so her belly looks a lot bigger than mine. I, on the other hand, am not sticking out in front very much, but I'm carrying more all-over. I'm also carrying a lot higher. In any event, the baby shower was oh-so fun!

Well, I haven't gotten any more pictures back from Lauren yet. However, she accidentally left one of her memory cards at our house, so I picked a few to show you all. :) Like the others I posted, they haven't been edited yet, but at least you can get an idea of what they look like!













Hope you enjoyed them! I'm honestly really happy with how they look so far. :) Have a great day!


9:37 AM

Comments:
I guess if you didn't want to know the sex of the baby you'd be able to guess. My SIL had a little girl and she carried just like you are. Everyone told her she had a tiny tummy, only she didn't feel like that at all. This other girl I know is having a boy and she is carrying straight out. Its really neat and kind of odd in the same time.

I love the pictures, they are so good. You're lucky you know someone that does really nice work.

Have a nice day!
 
Wow! Those photographs are just amazing. They are so beautiful, and will be definitely something you can look back on. I especially like the Dr.Seuss one. It's pretty funny to hear you are losing your belly button while Ryan got his finally.

Have a great one!
 
Glad your husband's surgery went well! Great pics!

*Alyssa*
 
Cute pictures! You guys did a great job of making them look similar to the other ones you liked!
 
GOREGOUS!!
 
Nice Pics!! I I like the one you are standing up in....with your belly out....it is so you!!

Glad everything went well with your hubby and his surgery.....

Meka
 
The pictures are fabulous. :) Can't wait to see pics soon of that gorgeous baby girl!

Good to hear Ryan's recovering well, too!
 
Slightly unrelated, but that skirt is adorable. :)

LOVE the pictures :)
LOVE you!!! :)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers