Thursday, May 31, 2007

Surprise, Surprise -

Well, Ryan's birthday went perfectly! :) I'm terrible with surprises, and had been dying to tell him what I got him for his birthday since... well... since I bought it!

At Ryan's request, we had a steak dinner to celebrate. While he grilled the steaks, I made garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus with olive oil and basil. Turned out GREAT!

After dinner, Ryan blew out the candles on his cake (Coldstone Creamery, "Cookie Dough Delirium") and then opened his gift. :) The look on his face was PRICELESS! I don't have pictures of that because I was using our camcorder, but it was hilarious. Apparently, he had had a nightmare the night before that I got him a picture for his birthday. All along I've been telling him how he'll be surprised, and how I know he will love what I got him, but what did he see when he opened his gift? A picture frame.

See, I bought him tickets for his birthday. 2 tickets for 5 Penn State football home games, to be exact. :) Ryan went to Penn State, and loves them even more than the Eagles. He hasn't been to one of their games in a LONG time, either. Of course, I wanted him to be able to open SOMETHING, and the tickets won't get here till late July, so I did up a little thing telling him exactly what I got him, and framed it. The look on his face when he picked up the frame out of the enormous gift bag was hilarious, like, "oh... great." As soon as he read it over, though, the look on his face could best be described as SHOCK! He couldn't believe I got them for him. :)

Here are some pictures:



All set up :)



Coldstone Creamery "Cookie Dough Delirium" cake :) VERY good!



Ryan's gift :) It had a message up at the top, the game
schedule, and a picture of the view from our seats.

I also turned 29 weeks yesterday, so Ryan also took some belly pictures. The lighting isn't that great, but here ya go:


Basketball smuggler


Uncovered--very round!

I also met with my boss yesterday to discuss my plans for after the baby is born. I let her know that I will not be coming back after she is born. Honestly, I was really nervous about telling her, but the meeting went even better than I could've imagined! She was really, really happy for me that I'll be able to stay home with my daughter... but really, really sad for the company to be losing me. She is going to place an ad immediately to fill my position, and she would like me to be involved in the interviewing process as well as in the training.

As much as I LOVE that I will be able to stay home with my baby girl, this has been the best job I've ever had with hands-down the best company I've ever worked for, so it'll be sad to say goodbye. I let her know, though, that motherhood is the most important thing I will ever do in my life, and she whole-heartedly agreed. My last day will be July 27th.

Well, I think that's all of my news for now! :) Hope you all are having a great week, and I hope it's flying by as quickly for you all as it is for me! It's THURSDAY already! Do you think we could just have short weeks from here on out? That'd be lovely. Hope you all have a great day! :)


7:36 AM

Comments:
You look even MORE beautiful than last week!!!!!! :)

I'm so happy that you could keep the surprise a secret until Ry's birthday! :) And I'm also glad he was SHOCKED and surprised and happy. :)

Hopeyou're having a wonderful day!
 
What a fabulous gift! I'm sure he'll love it even more when he's sitting there at the stadium. :) If it helps, I'm terrible at keeping secrets, too... I'm struggling right now to keep Joel's wedding gift under wraps!

Can't BELIEVE you're already at 29 weeks - baby girl's gonna be here in 11 weeks!!! Crazy how fast time has flown.
 
What a cool gift for Ryan! JM would love sports tickets for a gift, too.

Wow - you are definitely pregnant - those belly shots are great! And you look glowing!
 
I was browsing and I love your site!! I just got married in March on St. Patrick's Day!!

I have a daughter myself with my hubby and her name is Kylie.

Who is Kylie at your home?

I showed my hubby your town house pictures and I am jealous. We live in an apartment right now to save up a little money and will be looking for a place of our own soon. Not sure what we will get but i would like something nice.

How much do you pay for rent, if you don't mind me asking? It has be to be expensive.

Good luck on your nursery room. :)

Meka~
 
he he....basketball smuggler, i love it :)
that was a wonderful present my dear! any guy would love tickets to their favorite team! now not only does he have this beautiful baby to look forward to, he's also got the games on the horizon! good job!
speaking of jobs...that's a hard one for me. if you think of me offer up a prayer, i'm dealing with the decision of coming back or at least trying to keep my hours to a minimum, where i don't need any sitters. i'm excited to hear you'll be done so soon!
take care and have a great weekend! God bless, Vincy
 
There is NOTHING in this world better than a Coldstone cake. NOTHING.
 
That aint no basketball....

more like a beach ball

--JoeTheGuy
 
Wow, look at that belly! You look so pretty. I hope your photo session goes well.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers