Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Send Me Away -

I was standing in line, about to pay for our groceries, when I looked into my wallet and noticed something missing: my bank card. I didn't panic at first, thinking maybe it had just fallen into my purse, but a quick search didn't bring about the missing card. I thankfully had my checkbook, (my other two credit cards are strictly dire emergency-only) so I paid by check.

Once I got out to the car and loaded in my groceries, I sat down and did a thorough search of my purse. Nothing. I retraced my steps, and figured that the last time I had used the card was that morning at my grocery store's Starbucks. Before calling my bank, I decided to check with the people at Starbucks to see if any cards had been turned in. Nope.

Thankfully, when I called the bank to have my card cancelled, and a new one re-issued, we found out that no unusual activity had occurred. Big relief! By now I'm figuring my card is floating around somewhere, so I was happy to hear it hadn't been used. Everything is set, and I'll have a new card in about 5 days.

As we were lounging around after dinner, I started thinking about what could have possibly happened to my card! I actually looked at the receipt from Starbucks from that morning, and realized I didn't use my bank card. I used another credit card that LOOKS like my bank card! So I then had to retrace my steps and try to figure out the very last time I had used it. Didn't use it over the weekend.... but then I remembered I used it to get gas on Friday evening. Then it hit me!

My card was in the back pocket of my jeans.

Embarrassing? Yes-- a lot. Like I don't feel scatterbrained enough already! But at least I have the peace of mind knowing where it was!

I had two wonderful birthday cards and gifts waiting in the mail when I got home last night. :) It's always a real treat to get REAL mail. (rather than the usual bills or junk) One came from Ryan's parents, and the other from his Aunt Denise. :) Then I received two "gifts" when I got into work this morning: a bag of grapes and a cookie from my coworker, who knew I'd enjoy them, (I bring whole bags of grapes into work and polish them off in 2-3 days!) and SIX grocery-sized bags of baby girl clothing from another coworker!! She's pregnant with their 3rd child, a boy, so she decided she didn't need to keep her daughter's baby clothes any longer. It's a HUGE help, especially because they range in sizes from 6 months through (I think) 24 months. :)

Ryan and I will both be busy tonight--he has a work-related thing to attend right after work, then he's off to shop for my birthday. :) Meanwhile, I'll be finishing up with packing the remainder of our stuff tonight, so it's all set to go. Aside from tomorrow, my actual birthday, I don't think we'll have a single "relaxing" evening this week!

But did I mention I am SO EXCITED about moving??? :)

Hope you all have a great Tuesday! :)


7:25 AM

Comments:
Hey! thats awsome about the "real" mail its always wonderful to get that instead of a silly bill :o) and how sweet of your co workers and the tons of baby clothes.. very awsome! and you know i actually did that once with my debt card, i even washed it and dryed it and was freakin out because I couldnt remember if I had went to the market or if someone else had. im silly i know! have a great week and before you know it your buddle of joy will be here :o))))
 
oh by the way that message above was from me <~~~ Brandi onesweetcowgrl17 sorry lol
 
Hey glad to see your doing well. Happy Birthday, May God bless you this year. Shawn had a hernia surgery about a year ago. Thatis so painful and I am warning you when you have to take off the bandage its not the most pleasant. His scar took about a year to heal but he did really well considering. Hope all is well and praying for you. TEE * Starbeamdust website. is the reason why I haven't been on
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers