Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New Home -

Well, I'm back. :) My extended weekend was... absolutely exhausting, in every sense of the word. (but very, very productive!) We are now all settled in, and practically everything is in it's place.

We're still getting used to having all of the extra space, and figuring out where things are now. :) Some things are smaller at the new place... like the pantry, and the cabinet in our master bathroom, so I've had to do some strategic arranging. :)

Sleeping there the very first night was.... odd. It was almost like sleeping in a hotel, because it wasn't familiar territory yet. I can honestly say, though, that this morning, finally, it felt like I was "at home." :)

Although the move went very well, it wasn't without it's slight bumps and funny stories along the way. :) Like... how our sofa was too big to fit through the stairway, so they had to hoist it up on top of the UHaul, up over our deck, and in through the sliding doors in the kitchen. (which I have pictures of!) Or how the UHaul decided to die when Ryan was ready to take it back, and roadside assistance had to come get it. Or how no one knew what mailbox number was ours, and after finally finding out from the post office, we found out that our mailbox keys don't work. (still haven't resolved that issue!)

Ryan gave me a beautiful new plant for our front entryway in honor of my very first Mother's Day. :) She may not be here yet, but I'm already her mother, and I already mother her! It meant a lot to me that he celebrated it this year.

Well, I don't have pictures to share, for 2 reasons. First, my computer isn't set up. I probably would have, since it doesn't take long to do, if it were for reason #2, which is... I only have pictures from the move. I'm holding off from taking pictures inside until our last few things are put away and the last two sets of curtains are hung up!

I know I did too much on Friday, and was paying for it Friday evening. My ankles were so swollen, sore, and tired, it would've been laughable if I hadn't been so exhausted! Saturday was great, though, because of all of the help we got! A little bit of Sunday and all of Monday were spent getting things in order, stocking up on groceries, and trying to get back to normal before heading back to work today. I am SO glad we had both Friday and Monday off. It would've been a lot more stressful if we hadn't.

Hope you all are having a great week so far! :)


8:12 AM

Comments:
I am so glad that you were able to have enough time to move. When we moved last year we took three days, and four would have been awesome. :-) Last thing you need to do is search in a box somewhere for work pants!
 
Well I am glad that your move went well and I can't wait to see pictures!!
 
I'm glad your move went well, buddy! :) I can't wait to see the pictures of the new house :) That's so exciting for you guys! :D!

LOVE YOU!!! :)
 
Welcome back, babe!

We can't wait to see pictures!

Love,
Trish
 
Congrats on your move! The pictures sound interesting.

When we moved into our apartment we had packed up the entire U-Haul and went to leave and it wouldn't start up! We waited for over an hour for someone to come and fix it (we were afraid we would have to unpack and pack up again in a new truck, but luckily they replaced whatever part was causing the problem.) Maybe U-Haul should start inspecting the trucks more carefully, lol.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers