Monday, April 16, 2007

Wind-B-Gone -

Good morning, and happy Monday! :) I'm not going to say it's a slow day by any means, but I figured I could jot down a note or two when I've got a moment. Mondays are always busy!

Lets see.. we had a really nice weekend. Well, for the most part anyway. Ryan was feeling under the weather again, mainly on Friday through Saturday morning, so we spent a good deal of time at home, allowing him to rest up and get better. He spent the majority of Saturday asleep. :) Seriously. I can count on one hand how many hours he was awake!

My Mom took me out for dinner on Saturday, (one of her Mystery Guest assignments!) which was fantastic, and we stopped by Kohls afterwards. 80% off sale with an additional 15% off at the register... my Mom bought baby girl two ADORABLE pant sets for a total of $5+change. That's less than 1/3 of the retail price for ONE of them... you can't get much better than that, right? :)

Ryan woke up bright and early (before our alarm) on Sunday morning, saying he felt like he had been asleep for days, (which he practically had been) and we got up to get ready for church. Some friends of ours at church told us that a new Sunday school class for younger married couples was starting up that Sunday, so we didn't want to miss it. We've been wanting to get more connected in our church since we got married, and figured it was a start. :)

Since we were able to get out the door a bit early, we decided to stop off at Starbucks (yum!)... not knowing what a big mistake THAT would turn out to be! The drive-through was packed, as usual, so Ryan decided it would be a lot quicker to run in and order. Haha! 20 minutes later, he emerged. Apparently, they only had THREE people, total, working that morning. By this time, it was 9:00, and our class was starting at 9:15... nearly 30 minutes away.. but we decided to go anyway, and hope we weren't the last ones to show up! :)

Did I mention it was raining? Raining, cold, windy... pretty messy morning overall. We actually made pretty good time, but had to get help finding where the class was. Well! Not only were we NOT the last ones to show up, but there were roughly 10 more couples who came in after us, and the class ended up being PACKED! It was great! :) The couples ranged from VERY newly married (2 months!) to seasoned pros (5 years, 10 years, and 30 years--apparently to avoid "the blind leading the blind" :) and we even knew 4 of the couples there. We really enjoyed it, and we will definitely be going every Sunday from here on out.

I also found out that I have a due date twin. :) We hadn't seen them in a while, but one of the couples we know from church are expecting a baby boy on August 15th! How neat is that?

After the service, one of the couples from church who we have known for a long time treated us to lunch at On the Border, a mexican grill, as sort of a congratulatory lunch for my pregnancy/finding out it's a baby girl. (they also have an 18 month-old little girl!)

Whoa. The wind just blew our heavy, wooden front door open. I am so not kidding about this wind!

We finally filed our taxes on Sunday afternoon (ouch! We owed this year..) which wasn't so fun, but at least it's done now. Typically I've always wanted to get my taxes done as soon as possible, because I've always gotten a refund. Not this year!

This weather is bizarre. High of 46 today with wind like you wouldn't believe. What IS this? Our pretty storm door here at work was hanging by ONE hinge, so we had to take that down for the day. At least it didn't blow off completely, and break into a million pieces! And, well, I've already told you how trustworthy our other door is. Extended forecast is looking good... maybe NEXT week will actually be warm! I'm just hoping it warms up before my birthday, May 9th. :)

Well, that didn't take as long as I thought it would! A mere two hours. ;-) Hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope it's a wonderful Monday!


8:42 AM

Comments:
Oh, dear! Don't get blown away!

We had some crazy wind here yesterday and some MASSIVE wind on Thursday, but no doors were blown open or anything. :) Not that the bank has pretty doors.. :)

Just popped over to check on you.

Hopefully I'll get an email out today!

Love you much! And hi babygirl!.. :)
 
I swear there is a conspiracy with the taxes this year or something because we ALSO owned this year, along with every other single person I know! Something's gotta be going on...
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers