Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hiccups & Opportunities for Embarrassment -

Good morning! Another windy day, but it's looking like warm weather is in sight. I'm certainly ready... anyone else? :)

Everywhere you go, news of the Virginia Tech mass shooting abounds. I have to be honest, it's scary. Even Columbine, as horrific and tragic as it was, seemed less frightening because it happened many states away. Needless to say, this hits way closer to home. I've been to VT before.. I knew people who used to go there. (and have since graduated) One of my uncles lives practically within walking distance of the campus.

I'm already worried about what kind of world we're bringing our daughter into--terrible things happen every day. I have to trust, though, that the God who has protected me and my family will also protect our daughter, and future children. Nothing happens that is beyond his control.

Speaking of baby girl, I've already started looking into baby books that are out there. I know, I know, we still have 4 months to go, but it's fun just to look. :) I like the idea of a scrapbook.. but I know how expensive that can get. So, here's my favorite baby book so far; it's called The Story of Me memory book:


Super cute, and it includes 80 personalized pages which covers birth through highschool. It's 3-ring, so you can add on more pages if you want, too. It's pricey, but I'm hoping it's something we can squeeze in before she's born. I STILL to this day get a kick out of reading through the baby book my Mom did for me, so of course I want to make sure to do one for baby girl.

Her movements are getting a lot stronger. So far, both Ryan and my Mom (who patiently held her hand over my belly for a good 10 minutes!) have been able to feel her, but I feel her constantly. We were falling asleep last night when I started to feel what I could only describe as.. hiccups. "Are you still awake?" I whispered to Ryan. Silence. Either he really was asleep or he was so close to sleep that he thought better than to say something. "I think she's got the hiccups," I whispered anyway.

I think my 18 week-or-so newsletter said that she'd started with the hiccups, but I never really knew what they would feel like. It definitely wasn't a kick, and it wasn't an elbow jab. I felt about 5-6 little "pops" with a couple seconds spaced between them, which I'm pretty sure were hiccups. :) How cute is that?

A lady was just in here waiting to see one of our agents, and I couldn't help but notice that she's pregnant. Is it just me, or is it always scary, though, to ask, "when are you due?" in fear that.. well.. maybe they're not pregnant in the first place?! It has to be very VERY obvious before I'll ask. (thankfully she was, and is due next month! See? It has to be VERY obvious! :)

I've only been asked twice when I'm due, and Ryan told me that, just once, he'd like me to say, "I'm not pregnant," just to see how embarrassed they get before you tell them you're actually joking. Yep, that's my husband, always trying to find humor in everything. :)

Well, hope you all have a great Tuesday! :)


9:09 AM

Comments:
Aww.. that is cute! Babies are so cute before they even make it out of the tummy too!
 
I KNOW I'll be into the books as SOON as I find out Im pregnant. I've just started getting into reading, and I'll want to know as much as I can before the baby comes. About the asking thing, I totally agree. I remember when I was a kid, my cousin asked a stranger if she was pregnant, and she said no! And with a total sense of humor, I'd have to agree with your husband, that it would be pretty darn funny to see you joke someone like that.
 
I love that baby book! Let us know if you get it and how you like it.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers