My appointment went so well. They took all of my stats, gave me the glucose drink for my next appointment, (which the nurse said really isn't as bad as people say it is) and explained all the details about that as I was waiting for an available room. Before my nurse walked away, she leaned closer and whispered, "If you hear anything unusual coming from the room behind me, don't worry. We're not beating anyone up.. we just have an irrational patient." Hmm. Not 5 seconds after she walked away, I could hear some commotion in there. I could hear a woman cursing at the doctor, and then could hear the doctor explain that she (the patient) never had to see her again, and they'd give her a list of male GYN's for her to see next.
I felt bad for the doctor... and only when they opened the door, and a nurse and the doctor walked out, did I realize that it was MY doctor in there. Regardless, she was happy to see me, as I was her next patient. :) Just when she went to put the doppler over my tummy, she said, "Oh--I just saw the baby move." :) She found the heartbeat right away, but about 5 seconds later, it faded out. "Did she just move?" I asked. My doctor laughed as she looked for the heartbeat again, "You're going to have a very active baby!" she told me, "but that's good." So, everything looked good, heartbeat was strong and as it should be; all was right in the world. :)
Ryan had a really good time last night, which made me happy. I kept myself busy, though, and accomplished everything I wanted to. Ran to the grocery store, cleaned up around the apartment, made dinner, (beef stir-fry with asparagus) took a long walk, followed by a warm bath, (which my Dr. recommended to help with swelling) and watched The Office. Then Ryan got home right around 9.
Just wanted to also share a really cheap recent eBay purchase. :) Never underestimate the cheapness of eBay. It's brand new with tags, originally available through Motherhood maternity. Isn't it cuuuute... ?
Happy Friday, all! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)
Hahaha! My doctor laughed at my 36 week appointment because it was the first time Nicholas didn't swim away from the doppler. Normally my OB had to search around for a while until he could get Nicholas still long enough to get an accurate reading. At the 36 week appointment he found it and said "Ha! That's right! No more room to swim away from me anymore, is there?" Glad that everything is going well! And the glucose drink isn't that bad at all. Mine was fruit punch and just tasted like super concentrated kool-aid!