Tuesday, April 10, 2007

At the Heart of the Matter -

I'm so thankful for so many things this morning. Being happy and content in spite of whatever circumstances you're faced with is a beautiful thing. It's wonderful to come to the place where you discover that not everything has to be going right in order for you to be happy.

I'm glad you all liked the townhouse, and again I can't thank you guys enough for your prayers for us to get it. :) Funny thing is, we'll only be paying $48 extra per month over what we'd pay if we simply moved into the smallest 2 bedroom unit at our current apartment complex. How ridiculous is that? That's why we started looking around at privately-owned rentals, and it's a very good thing we did. Townhouse vs. apartment... with that very minimal price difference, it was an easy decision! We're so thankful, also, that it worked out. :)

I had my quarterly review with my boss yesterday--it went very, very well. I love my company, and they love me. She told me that our president said that I'm the best receptionist they've ever had. Coming from him, that's a pretty big compliment.

I was also asked what my maternity leave plans are, if I'd already decided on them. I hadn't planned on saying anything this early, but I told her that I would let her know soon. Of course, I can't say on here what my plans are just yet, but most people who know me well already know what my plans are. :)

I had the BIGGEST craving last night for lemon chicken with capers--a dish I've only had once, ever, at a local restaurant. Random, right? Money is tight, which means going out wasn't an option, so I was able to find a recipe online. :) It's right here if you're interested. I modified it a little bit, but it was gooooood. It's definitely the kind of meal that you have to be in the mood for, though, and of course it didn't taste EXACTLY like the restaurant's version, but it was close. (and healthier) Although, I'd never cooked with capers before, and holy cow, that was disgusting. They come pickled in a jar, and they smell hideous. Being pregnant doesn't help much with that, I'm sure. I was kinda turned off to capers after that experience!

Baby girl's movements have been so noticeable lately. She was so active last night as I was lying in bed, that I stayed awake just so I could keep feeling all of her kicks and elbow jabs. :) She must've been trying to get comfy in there. She's been really active this morning as well. (she just kicked!) I love this little girl.

Lots to do... total understatement. :) Yesterday flew by at lightning speed, and I already have a feeling that today will be no exception. Hope you all are having a great start to your week, and I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. :)


9:04 AM

Comments:
I think your aversion to capers has less to do with the fact that you're pregnant and more to do with the fact that they're just plain nasty. ;) LOL :) That smell doesn't get any better after the hormones settle ;) hehehe

Gettin' ready to leave for shift 2 out of 3... :) We should get together this week! I'm off Friday and Saturday, but have to work again Sun-Tues. No rest for the weary nursing student ;)

LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!!!

Tomorrow's 22 weeks? WOW!
 
i'm still in the deciding phase as to what i'll do with work...we'll see :)
by the way it's a girl! i have to admit this has, and will take a bit for me to get used to...i was so set on having a boy (more than i realized till after the ultrasound) the kids all wanted a boy, so they were extremely dissapointed which made it harder for me to handle. i LOVE my girls, and now i will have lot's of them...3 to be exact, this will be a hard one to adjust to.
anyway, i'm glad to hear that the baby is so active and that work is going well :) take care and God bless, Vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers