We're still pretty shocked and excited to know that we'll be having a little girl. :) It makes it more real knowing the baby's sex, that's for sure. I am really enjoying being able to talk to her now, knowing that she is my daughter, not just my baby. It's so special, to say the least.
Ryan prays out loud before dinner every night, and has been praying for the baby since we knew she existed. Last night practically had me in tears when he asked the Lord to protect "Baby _____," (the name we picked for her) and to keep her growing strong and healthy. Melted my heart, and I was total mush.
The ultrasound was wonderful!! The "big" ultrasound is actually the anatomy ultrasound, so the technician carefully took her time examing the baby from head to toe. She looked great! We were given a million pictures of her, ranging from super cute ones of her profile, and of her sucking her thumb, (awww!) to an honestly really freaky picture of her facial structure while she was yawning that resembles a deep sea creature. (commonly referred to as the "alien baby" shots--they all look like that!) In any event, I'll be posting the ultrasound pictures as soon as I'm able to scan them in. :) (the cute ones, of course, not the alien baby shots!)
This was supposed to be my last ultrasound, but now I'll be getting another one in my third trimester. I have a low-lying placenta, and if it stays low, I'll have no choice but to have a c-section rather than a normal delivery. (if the placenta is delivered first, the baby's oxygen and nutrients will be cut off) However, I've been reading about it, and MOST cases of a low-lying placenta fix themselves. As the uterus grows bigger, the placenta typically rises up away from the cervix, making normal delivery A-okay. So, if you'd be please pray for me about that, I'd appreciate it! If I HAVE to have a c-section, then that's fine, but a normal delivery would be preferable!
Thank you all so much for your warm congrats and well wishes. :) I appreciate them all so, so much. I had recently had a sneaky suspicion that the baby could be a girl. I've had lots of typical "girl" pregnancy symptoms--from what I crave, to my lingering, random morning sickness, to how I'm carrying, (all over instead of all out in front) etc. I just didn't really want to get my hopes up either way!
We are planning on keeping her name a secret. Once we found out that it's a girl, we changed our minds on her name, and then changed our minds again on her middle name. We could still possibly change our minds the first or middle name, or both, before she's born, but it's not likely. :) We really love the name we have picked out. We just want to keep SOMETHING a surprise!
Oh! Oh! So, I "announced" to my coworkers that it's a girl by bringing in pink-frosted cupcakes into work, and included a sign next to it that read, "Emily's Having A..... GIRL!!!" I made two batches.. one funfetti and one chocolate. Then I used food coloring to tint some yummy vanilla icing into a pretty pink. :) It's been a huge hit!! They are all nearly gone, and it's not even lunchtime yet. :) I just wanted to do something cute.
Our weekend was filled with sadness AND with joy. We attended the viewing and funeral for my cousin Beth on Saturday afternoon through the evening. That's the thing, though, about weddings and funerals.. it brings a family together. I'm so thankful for my big, wonderful family. Sunday was busy! I got two pink Carters outfits on clearance at Babies-R-Us.. couldn't help myself! Since it's likely we'll receive pink clothes mostly in the newborn and 0-3 month range, I've only picked out clothes for 3-6, and 6-9 months. That's the stuff on clearance anyway--all really cute!! Then I spent the majority of the late afternoon through evening baking and icing roughly 40 cupcakes. I brought in 26 for my office, Ryan took some in for his reps, and we have a few leftover at home. :)
Thanks again for all the support! Hope you all had a great weekend! :)
Congratulations on your little girl! How wonderful! Girls are so sweet and fun! Don't be afraid to take hand me downs from family and friends, even if they are for 2 or 3 years down the line. My son is almost 3 and I havne't had to buy him a thing because of the hand me downs. I got stuff from newborn to 5T. It seems like yesterday that he was in newborn and now he is in 3T. IT goes so fast.
Oh, the whole reason I was posting, was to tell you that I had a complete previa and it moved out of the way by 28 weeks. So there is hope that it will move.
AHHHHHH!!! I've been off xanga for too long! CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting that you know your beautiful little daughter will be seeing you soon :) I couldn't be more thrilled for you Emily! Your last picture was so cute too! I can actually see a tiny belly beginning, and as for the low lying placenta....I'll be prayin' girl! I think your going to be fine, and I hope that you can deliver without a c-section....but it's just like you said, a healthy baby is all that matters! You know that Tom and I have one boy and 2 little girls...they (the girls) a-d-o-r-e their daddy :) Don't get me wrong we have good relationships as well, but they think that he walks on water, which is fine with me!! It's always where's daddy mommy, I need daddy! The Best is when ever time the get dressed up for church, and/or play clothes...the first words out of their mouths are always where's daddy? I need to show him how pratty I look...then I hear from the other room....oooooo_____ (whichever daughter it is) you look beautiful, and they come back to me glowing form head to toe! It's enough to make me melt too! Blessings to you Emily, and this wonderful news! I will continue to pray, and soon (about 2 weeks or so) I get to find out too! I'll let you know once we find out! God bless, Vincy