Friday, March 02, 2007

Save the Date -

This has been one of the busiest weeks since I've been here, so I apologize for my short absence. :) To top it off, I have no belly picture to post today! I forgot to bring home my card reader on Wednesday night, and you'd think I'd remember yesterday, right? Nope, I was so excited about my appointment yesterday afternoon that I forgot it again! I'll most likely be able to post it sometime over the weekend, though. :) Sorry!

What you all really want to know, though, is when we're finding out our baby's sex, right? Well, here it is! On March 16th at 2:30, we'll know whether this baby is a boy or girl! We are SO EXCITED, and cannot wait! I can't believe I had wanted to keep it a surprise... waiting another two weeks seems like an eternity, and I'd have close to 24 more weeks to wait if we left it as a surprise!

Everyone I know has a different idea of whether I'm having a boy or a girl. Two of my coworkers have said I'm giving off "lots of girl energy." I really don't buy into all of that, but it's an interesting observation nonetheless. My other pregnant coworker, Krissy, thinks it's a boy based on how I'm carrying, as does another coworker. As for me, I've been SO convinced that it's a boy, but have recently had thoughts like, "well, what if it's REALLY a girl??" I'm sure it goes without saying that I'll be VERY glad when March 16th gets here, so I don't have to wonder all day anymore. :) We'll really be thrilled to pieces either way.

I also have a cute idea for how I want to announce it to all of my coworkers. :)

I almost got away with not getting weighed at my appointment yesterday. My nurse had forgotten, and I certainly didn't care to remind her. :) However, a room wasn't available for me right away, and as she checked over my chart again, she asked if I had gotten weighed yet. Of course I couldn't lie, but dang! Almost got out of it. :) Does anyone know WHY doctors have to have those terrible scales? We live in a world with digital EVERYTHING, yet they still keep those dinosaur scales. I don't get it.

I'm only up 8 pounds total, which is pretty darn good, but I gained 6 of them during the last 4 weeks! (they recommend a pound a week) So, I just need to work a little harder to make sure I stay within that range. :)

I have to say that I've been affected by pregnancy brain more often than I care to admit. :) I've really tried to keep a sense of humor about it all, because it usually IS pretty funny. Then again, I'm pretty easily amused. Like two days ago when I was absolutely cracking up over the fact that a caller's last name was pronounce "Dorrito." But just when I think that I couldn't be more forgetful, I got a caller who called in and forgot her name. I kid you not. It did make me feel better, though! :)

My gosh, the weather is AMAZING here! We got quite a storm last night, with so much rain that some patches of grass look rather swamp-like. It was still raining a bit on my way into work, but the clouds broke, and the sun started shining. It is a gorgeous, gorgeous day! I'll definitely be taking a walk around town on my lunch break! :)

Happy Friday to you all! Hope you guys have a great weekend!


9:35 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers