Good morning, and happy Tuesday! Not only are we one day closer to Friday, and seeing the baby again, but it's also supposed to get into the lower 70's today! Can you believe it?
I received my Prenatal Yoga DVD in the mail on Friday, and was itching to try it! Unfortunately, basketball ruled the TV all weekend, so last night was my first opportunity. I searched through available pregnancy workout DVDs for a couple weeks, and read through many reviews, before deciding on this one. I was this-close to ordering the FitMama Prenatal DVD, until I read about one buyer who wasn't too thrilled about the chanting part. Chanting? See, that's mainly what I worried about when I found that the majority of prenatal workouts involve yoga. It just seems awfully new-agey to me, which doesn't sound appealing at all.
Regardless! I enjoyed the one that I bought. (Once you get past her "soothing" monotonous voice.) For one, there was no chanting involved. :) It looks pretty easy, honestly, (my pre-pregnancy DVDs of choice were tai-bo and pilates) but as you're doing it, you notice that it's really... not as simple as it looks. They hold poses that are somewhat challenging, and you begin to feel hot, and begin to sweat. They also used three women, one each for the three trimesters. They modify each stretch and pose for that particular trimester so you know who to follow. I felt like I got a decent workout, and stretched out my body really well. Not to mention, I slept better!
Ryan had called around 5:15 saying he'd be working a little bit late, so imagine my surprise when he waltzes through the door at 6:30 while I'm in the midst of my workout. (It's 50 minutes long!) He raised his eyebrow as I was in some sort of awkward-looking pose with a chair, while I asked, "what are you doing home already?!" Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled when he gets home at a good time, but I think I look totally hilarious working out in front of the TV, especially in a sports bra and shorts with my belly all sticking out. (I know, I can only imagine when I'm actually huge) "I won't watch!" he told me... yeah, I caught him peeking from around the corner not two minutes later. :)
What I'm really loving right now are those vanilla pudding cups, as well as mandarin orange cups. (the ones that have the oranges at the bottom, and are then covered in orange jello) Mmmmm. What sounds good one week, though, typically doesn't sound good the next, so I'm afraid to stock up on anything. My stomach is rather finicky.