Tuesday, March 27, 2007

More Than You Wanted to Know ~

I meant to post yesterday, and wanted to, I just had No. Time. I had an... interesting weekend. What was supposed to be a relatively quiet, simple weekend turned into everything but. I was really lonely on Thursday night by myself, (what can I say, I'm pregnant and hormonal!) so I spent Friday night at my parents'.

We got a call on Friday night saying that my cousin Carole, Beth's sister, had passed away. We were all expecting it, and I think it was almost a relief to hear, whereas news of Beth's death was such a shock. It's easier to deal with, though, knowing that Carole has a NEW, cancer-free body, (she struggled with cancer for 4 years) is in no more pain, and is with her Savior now.

On Saturday, my Mom and I decided to head to the mall, but first I was going to drive my car home, take the dog back to the apartment, and drop off my things. Well... I couldn't find my car keys. I had my civic, because Ryan needed the Explorer so he and his reps could all go to the airport together, and all chip in on parking. (way cheaper than taxis) What he does with keys is he has two sets.. one set has just the key that starts up the car, and the clicker to get through our apartment gate. The second has the clicker to get into the car, as well as all of his miscellaneous keys. So, I had these two sets with me.. and somehow lost the set that has the car key and apartment clicker. It just up and disappeared. Seriously.

My Mom, my Dad, and I all searched for that dumb key for well over half an hour before finally giving up. :( We looked everywhere. So, we decided not to let it spoil our day, and to go to the mall anyway. We stopped off by the apartment first to get my spare key, which Ryan keeps in this one drawer. (his "important" drawer) Well, it wasn't there. I looked in every single drawer in our apartment... nothing. I was feeling REALLY frustrated and rather defeated by now, to search for so long and come up empty-handed!!

The mall, however, was a success! I found four new tops for work.. three of which were on sale. I don't have to spend an hour every morning figuring out what to wear (read: what fits and is long enough) anymore. :) It's lovely.

My Dad saved the day and found my spare valet key while we were gone. It's not the same as one of the master keys, (it won't open the trunk, so I have to pop the trunk from inside the car) but I was THRILLED regardless, and could at least drive my car again. (Still haven't found my missing keys.)

I spent Saturday night at the apartment, relaxing and watching whatever TV program I wanted to, because the remote was mine. :) Sunday, though, was extremely productive! I did roughly 7-8 loads of laundry, vaccuumed the whole apartment, cleaned the kitchen, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, baked cookies and blueberry muffins, ironed Ryan's shirts, made us both lunches for Monday, organized everything, and spent two hours cleaning out and reorganizing our closet. (I put everything I can't wear into my dresser (which is like 80% of my clothes now)--everything else is hanging up--it looks SO much better!!! More space :)

Ryan made it home from Vegas safe and sound early Monday morning-- 2 AM to be exact. I had asked him to wake me up so I could see him, and we chatted for a little while before going back to sleep. I MISSED him!!!!

He brought me home three gifts. :) Two beautiful bracelets (one of which I'm wearing today) and a pink Bellagio top which I can wear once I get my body back. :-P Isn't he sweet?!

Oh!! Another EXCITING thing happened this weekend, though! I SAW my first kicks on Friday night!! :) I was wearing a grey t-shirt, and was relaxing on the couch, and started feeling her kick. (she moves a lot these days) So, I just happened to look down at my belly, and I SAW the little kicks! It was THE MOST EXCITING THING!! How amazing is that?? She was up high on Friday and Saturday, kicking near my belly button, so I was hoping to show Ryan last night. Wouldn't you know it.. she was in a different position last night, and her kicks were all down low. If you could see them, I couldn't tell, because I can't see the other side of my belly. :)

So, there you have it.. everything you wanted to know about my weekend, and probably way more.

AND, we looked at townhomes for rent last night. We were scheduled to see two, but the first one backed out of the appointment at the last moment, as we were standing there. The second, however, was pretty nice. Well, it could be much nicer without all their stuff and with the carpets cleaned, which they have to do when they move out. They're not super messy or anything, but the current owners have a 2 1/2 month old newborn, so it wasn't exactly neat and tidy. We also just had to try and imagine it with OUR stuff, instead of theirs. We still want to see the other townhome first before making any decisions, or submitting our application, but it was a good contender. Not to mention, we are in LOVE with the community!!! Here's a picture of the one we looked at:


It's going to get into the low 80's today... can I even tell you how HAPPY that makes me?!?!

Well, I think that's all. :) Hope you all have a wonderful day!!


7:49 AM

Comments:
I wish we could have hung out this weekend, buddy! :( Is it really Wednesday already? Geez! Remind me never to work 3-12s in a row if I can help it ever again. My body is so confuzzled. The sun's coming up and I'm headed off to bed. You have no idea how many typos this message had in the course of typing it, hehe ;) Must.....get....sleep..... ;)

LOVE YOU!

(coherent comments after my nap, hopefully ;)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers