Monday, February 26, 2007

Snowstorm, Take 2 -

If I had my camera at this very moment, you'd see that it is an absolute winter wonderland in northern Virginia! It started sometime Saturday night, lasting pretty much all day yesterday, and they say we got 6 1/2 inches in our town. It's absolutely beautiful! We were supposed to get freezing rain overnight, but we didn't.. so here I am at work. :) Ryan brought me in, though, because my car is buried.

We had a really great weekend! We drove down after work on Friday to see Mom & Dad S., who live 2 1/2 hours south of us, and we had a really great visit with them. Unfortunately, though, the forecast was calling for a "winter mix" from Saturday night through Sunday, so we had to cut our trip short. We left around 10 PM Saturday night to beat the storm.

At first, they were only calling for around 2-4 inches with sleet and freezing rain on top, (here we go again!) but we wound up with way more snow, and no ice. At least it's pretty, and not dangerous this time! :) It's going to get pretty warm today, though, and will basically stay that way all week, so this snow won't stick around for very long. It's so pretty to look at, though!

I guess we've really had a decent winter after all. :)

Well, I thought the nausea was behind me, but I've had some pretty weird bouts of it every now and then. Saturday morning, about an hour after breakfast, I started to feel really hot, and felt like I was going to have to throw up. I've had this happen a couple times before that. Then yesterday, with dinner practically ready, for whatever reason the smell of the chicken cooking really turned my stomach. (I ended up sitting down after fixing Ryan's plate, and fixed waffles half an hour later!) I know it's probably just hormonal fluxuations, but I had really hoped the nausea was a thing of the past. :)

Hope you all have a great Monday!


8:40 AM

Comments:
Wow- sorry you had to cut your trip short - but I know how you love snow, so yay! :) So sorry you keep getting bouts of nausea - atleast it isn't constant, and pretty soon you'll be feeling the sugarbug move, so it will be that much more worth it! :)

I'm sickie today, but I'll be checking my emails. :) Love you!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers