Thursday, February 01, 2007

Our Little Lime -

Today couldn't possibly be any better. One? Snow is in our forecast for this afternoon through tomorrow morning! It's gray and cloudy, and frigid--the perfect snow day. Two? I have my appointment today at 2:00! Absolutely cannot wait, and I can promise you that I will, in fact, cry.

Well, Ryan took my 12 week belly pic last night, but it honestly doesn't look any different from last week's! That's pretty normal, though, I think. I don't LOOK pregnant yet, especially fully clothed, I just feel FAT. :-P I know there's a baby growing in there, though, so it's all okay.


Our Baby at 12 Weeks: (from my Baby Center weekly newsletter)

Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions. Your baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protruded into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Her nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. Your baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen, though you still won't be able to feel her move for several weeks.

I'm just amazed how quickly our baby is growing! It's so incredible to think that our baby went from a teeny tiny embryo to this so quickly:


Hope you all have a great day!


8:34 AM

Comments:
Well you don't look fat at ALL! You look gorgeous as always!!!!

But, you do have more of a preggie belly this week.. not much, but I can tell a difference.

And look at those girls! hheheheheh

Love you
 
Aw, it is amazing to think how fast it grows. Have fun at your appointment!
 
You look great...the big belly will come soon enough!

And, I thought you might like this:

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.

One day the child asked God,
'They tell me you aregoing to send me to earth tomorrow.
But how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?'

God replied, 'Among the many angels, I have chosen
one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take take care of you.'

'But' said the child, 'here in Heaven I don't do anything
else but sing and smile. That's what I need to be happy.'

God said, 'Your angel will sing for you every day.
And you will feel your angel's love and be happy.'
'
'And', said the child, 'How am I going to be able to
understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language that men talk?'

'That's easy', God said 'Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.

'The child looked up at God saying,
'And what an I going to do when I want to talk to you?'

God smiled at the child saying,
'Your angel will place you hands together and will teach you how to pray.'

The child said, 'I've heard that there are bad men. Who will protect me?'

God put his arms around the child, saying,
'Your angel will defend you –even if it means risking life!'

The child looked sad, saying,
'But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore!.

God hugged the child '
Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.'

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven,
but voices from earth could already be heard.

The child, in a hurry, asked softly:
'Oh, God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angels name!'

God replied, 'Your angel's name is of no importance…
you will simple call her MOMMY!'
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers