Our alarm radio popped on at 6 AM this morning, and we happened to catch the current weather: 9 degrees, but feels like -2 with the windchill. Okay, we're still under the covers, barely awake.. and with weather like that, why even get out of bed?! :)
Though, they ARE calling for a little bit of snow tomorrow morning, which could completely make this weather worthwhile to me. :)
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the newest pics of our little sugarbaby! I actually brought in my little album of pictures to show a few of my coworkers yesterday, who I knew for sure would be wanting to see them. Their favorite pictures were actually the 3 that the doctor took, which I didn't scan. Oops. The doctor came in after our technician left, looked at the baby again, and told us that everything looks perfect. Even though I'm considered really low-risk anyway, that was really nice to know!
Well, our baby has graduated from a lime to a peach this week. :) He or she is just moving on up in the fruit department. As of tomorrow, I'll be 13 weeks. Here's my weekly newsletter for this week:
Week 13: (from my What to Expect newsletter)
"Your baby is now about three inches long and the size of a peach. But don't compare your baby with the baby next door. Starting about now, babies begin growing at different paces, some faster than others, some more slowly, though they all follow the same developmental path. Growing at a universally breakneck speed now is your baby's body as it tries to catch up to the head in terms of size. Though your baby's head is about half the size of its body now, by the time your baby is ready to make his or her entrance into the world, the head will be only one-fourth as large as the body.
Your baby's intestines are also in for some big changes right now. Up till this point, they've been growing in a cavity inside the umbilical cord; but now they're moving to their permanent (and more conveniently located) address, in your baby's abdomen. And to serve your growing baby's needs, the placenta is also growing. It weighs about an ounce now and will weigh one to two pounds at birth. (something else you'll soon be able to blame your weight gain on!)
Also developing this week: your baby's vocal chords. Because sound can't travel through fluid (your baby's current habitat), you won't be able to hear any sounds or cries just yet, but oh boy (or girl) — those vocal chords will get a good workout once that baby is born."
Yep, I definitely better be enjoying my sleep now, while I can, eh? :) Hope you all have a great day!
There are goo's and aah's going on in there! YAY! :)
Hope you're having a sweet morning - even though you had to get out of bed! My alarm rang at 5:30 this morning - and we went to bed at 1:30 - so I understand wanting to stay in bed!!
Great pictures of your baby... I love the one with the hands over the face... amazing. I know I'm going to ball my eyes out when we have a baby.
I had to have an ultrasound 2 years ago 'cause they thought I had cysts or something and they told me to drink 32oz of water right before. They didn't call me back for quite some time after my appointment and I was in so much agony... I finally couldn't take it anymore and I tried to let "just a little" out, which turned out to be quite a bit, but I still hadn't let it all out. Right as I walked out of the restroom they called me back, lol. I told the nurse about it and she said I could go to the bathroom as soon as I was done because I still felt like I had to go. She said during the ultrasound that my bladder was full! So I can't even imagine how full it was because I let quite a bit out... lol. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you felt!
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:20 AM, February 06, 2007
I hit the snooze button twice this morning! Boo for early mornings!
But yay for peach-sized babies ;) hehe :) Wonder what fruit they'll name it after next week? Orange? Grapefruit? ;)
Oh, and I forgot to mention in my comment on yesterday's entry -- GO COLTS! ;)
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:23 AM, February 06, 2007
YAY! I'm glad that your little one is doing so well! I love how they give you things to compare the size of the baby to! It makes it so much easier to really picture what's growing in there! Hope you have a great day!
#
posted by Anonymous :
2:03 PM, February 06, 2007
Those pictures are just so adorable and wonderful..!!! im so glad things are going sooo well.. im kinda jealous about the weather. its like 70 here... :o) i miss the cold weather ALOT
#
posted by Anonymous :
6:25 PM, February 06, 2007