Friday, February 16, 2007

L-O-V-E -

Well, we certainly had a memorable Valentine's Day! :) I left off after my last post was on Tuesday, during which the snow and sleet that were coming down all day actually prompted my office to close shortly before 3:00! (I was told when I started here that they NEVER close)

We got up on Wednesday morning at our normal time, and turned on the news. During the night, we got freezing rain, which turned into a sheet of ice thanks to the frigid temperature, followed by 4 inches of additional snow, topped with a thick layer of sleet. (which turned into yet another sheet of ice) So, needless to say, this wasn't just your average snow storm. It was a MESS. Around 7:30 AM, I got a call from my boss saying that they CLOSED THE OFFICE, and was then instructed to have a great Valentine's day! :)

It's a good thing they closed, because I never would've made it in. They did an okay job later on in the morning of clearing off the roads, but had neglected the middle of intersections. If I had to actually TURN anywhere, I would've gotten stuck. We took our Explorer out for a very quick trip to Home Depot to get a shovel (we live in an apartment, we don't have one!) because my car was blocked in with snow from the plow, and just in that short trip we saw FIVE cars stuck in the snow. (we did stop and help one of them get out, the other 4 already had people helping) Like I said.. it was a mess!

Ryan, unfortunately, had to go in to work later on in the morning, since he's the manager of the office, BUT he was able to leave early. :) We got each other little gifts, and a card, and I made a yummy dinner and dessert there at home. It was a PERFECT night to stay inside!

Ryan took my 14 Week picture on Valentine's night. I am absolutely AMAZED at how much my belly has changed this past week!

Whoa. It's funny, because I can still see my rib cage, but my flat tummy is nowhere to be found! I also wore my new Gap maternity pants for the first time that night, the roll-down kind which are supposed to be good for the entire pregnancy, but they still are a little big on me! Oh well, so much for not showing for a while, huh?

But I'm happy! :) It must mean our baby has plenty of room to grow in there. I'm still convinced we're having a boy, too. Of course, wait until we find out, and it turns out to be a girl! ;-) I really just feel like it's a boy, though. We shall see! (and pretty soon, too!)

Our table all dressed up~

Us!
(aka- the one-perk-of-pregnancy shot)

I did work yesterday, but had to play catch-up after being off a day. Furthermore, the town's roads are a total mess, and parking is near impossible. I tried to get into two great spots yesterday, but couldn't get my car in them! The plow had come through, but didn't do the sides of the road where we can park, so there's a huge mound of ice that you'd have to get over in order to park there. Thank goodness for meter parking right outside our office! Totally worth the 5 bucks or so it costs for a day, especially since I have to really be careful walking around on the ice! I don't have the greatest balance to begin with.

Well, TOMORROW we have reservations for a gorgeous new restaurant in the city we live in, and I can't wait! Ryan tried getting reservations there 3 WEEKS before V-day, and there were already booked. We tried every place we could think of that allows reservations, (since everything else would be way too crowded) and every place was booked! So, Ryan made the reservations for Saturday night instead. :) I'm so excited! We get TWO Valentine's celebrations. :)

Well, there's the update on us! It's been a fun week, but I'm happy that it's FRIDAY again, and can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. :) AND, I get Monday off for President's Day, which is a first for me. I'll take it! :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!



8:28 AM

Comments:
OH.MY.GOODNESS.

You are so FREAKING adorable, and MY how you've changed!!!!!! :) GOREGEOUS. I'm SO SO happy for you, and I promise to get that email out today..

LOVE YOU!
 
Love the necklace on you! You had posted a photo of the necklace but not on you.... it's the perfect size! I never liked them, but now I do! :)
 
You can see that belly is growing!! CUTE!

2 Valentine's celebrations! Lots of love :) Enjoy your 1 on 1 time while you have it (before baby comes along!)
 
Cute belly starting to grow...:-)

That's crazy about the messy snow storm. We got a snow storm as well, but it was pretty much all snow, a little bit of rain, but not much.
 
Can you believe there's a BABY in there? Awesomeness :)

The plow blocked us into our driveway too! Only my dad thought he could just drive over it and got really badly stuck, lol :) I had to get to class, so he drove my car across the lawn and used the pipestem to get me out! LOL :) Funny stuff. :)

Have a lovely dinner, buddy!!

MISS YOU! :)

Wanna do something this weekend?

PS - I started my first IV yesterday!!!! :) Woo!
 
That little baby belly is so cute! And the "one perk of pregnancy" made me crack up... but you're forgetting, there are TWO perks - boobs AND that little person at the end of all of it! :)

Hope the second V-day celebration and the weekend are wonderful - and more importantly, restful. ;)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers