Good mornin'! The weekends really never last long enough, do they? However, it was a great one nonetheless! We slept in till 9:30 on Saturday morning, and let me tell ya... it was much needed, and just as wonderful as I had hoped it would be all week. :)
We did lots of running around on Saturday, including a Babies 'R' Us run, since we had a one-day-only coupon to use! We decided to get a baby monitor, which I completely wanted Ryan to pick out, for obvious reasons. (anything gadget-related is all him!) Here's what we came away with..
It's a little bigger than it looks in the picture, but isn't it cute? I think it looks more like a cell phone than a baby monitor. :) The nice things about it are: 1) it's digital, and 2) it has a rechargeable battery, which is a big money-saver.
We hadn't planned on buying anything else, but we looked around a bit before checking out. We looked in the diaper bag section, and not only found one that I really loved, but also found a discarded 15% all diaper bags coupon! So, we got this diaper bag for less than $20!
This is the bag, (Carter's Easy Access) but in BLACK faux-suede with light green stitching. The inside is light green also, with polka dots. :) It's VERY cute, and will be fine for a boy or girl.
So, we wound up getting just those two things, and didn't spend much at all since we had coupons. :) I love coupons.
Funny thing is, there was one diaper bag that I just fell in LOVE with. I was flipping through one of the 6 pregnancy magazines they gave me at my last appointment, and there was an advertisement for Caden Lane with a diaper bag that I just adored. Yeah... I looked it up online... come to find out, it's $160! For a DIAPER BAG, people!
That's not the most expensive I've seen, though.. the Juicy Couture ones are over $300. Sorry, but we could buy our crib for that price.
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing... and I definitely napped. :) I have to take advantage of that when I can! Though, I also did work out on Sunday afternoon, so I wasn't a total bum. :)
This winter storm they've been calling for since Friday is turning into a major disappointment. They went from calling for 6-8 inches (possibly the "big snowstorm" I've been hoping for!) to just 1-2 inches of snow followed by a "wintry mix." (read: possibly pretty, but definitely dangerous) I don't care how good of a driver you are, what kind of vehicle you're driving, or what kind of tires you have. NO ONE can drive on ice! So, we'll see how that goes. It's supposed to start up late tonight, into tomorrow morning, and last all day tomorrow.
Hope you all had a great weekend, and have a wonderful Monday!
thats a really cute diaper bag!!! and its really nice that you can use it for a boy or a girl... good way to think ahead!
Angela
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:04 AM, February 12, 2007
That's a nice looking diaper bag!!
We haven't been able to use our baby monitor yet. Haha. Aly is loud enough anyway!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:19 AM, February 12, 2007
WHEW! I was getting worried about you, missy!!!! :) Glad to know you and Rye-Bread are doing alright!
I LOVE the baby monitor and the bag! And I definitely think that baby stuff is over-priced - they know you need it, and they know you'll go CRAZY (esp. if its your first baby!), so why not jack up the prices for things you may use only 1-4 times in your lifetime!? So ridiculous. But smart. :)