Wednesday, February 28, 2007

16 Weeks!

I can't believe that I've been pregnant for four months now. Well, three that I knew about. :) Only 24 weeks, tops, to go.. and that really doesn't seem that far away!

I check four different websites for development information each week, and they vary a bit. Basically, our baby is between 4 and 6 inches this week, and weighs around half a pound!! He/she has finger nails, toe nails, eyebrows and eyelashes... and our baby can grasp with his/her hands, kick, and somersault! Of course, I still can't feel anything, but they say that it can take a little longer to notice that it IS the baby when it's your first pregnancy.

There's one odd thing which I wonder whether or not it will make it more difficult for me to feel movement. For as long as I can remember, I've always been able to see my heartbeat in my belly button. There must be a huge vein or something that is laying right underneath the surface of my stomach. If I'm laying down, I can watch it and see my belly button pop up a little with every beat. Now that I'm pregnant, my body is pumping 20% more blood, so it's even more noticeable. If I stay still, and pay attention to my body, all I feel is that heartbeat! It may not affect me feeling movement whatsoever, but I wonder if it will delay when I can tell for sure that it's the baby.

I have a feeling that my weekly picture that we're taking tonight will look a bit different from last week. I feel huge! I stood in our closet for what seemed like an eternity this morning, trying to figure out what to wear. Most of my shirts don't seem to be long enough anymore! I end up tugging down on them all day, which gets old. I was THIS close to wearing a maternity top, but none of them are form-fitting, so they still make me look like a blimp. Needless to say, it was vetoed--I don't have enough of a belly to fill them yet.

Well, lots to do, and my morning is already getting away from me. Hope you all have a great day!! Only ONE more day till I hear our little baby's heartbeat again! CANNOT wait! :)


9:57 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers