Baby: The embryo measures about 0.9 inches to 1.2 inches from crown to rump, or the size of a strawberry. The arms and legs are longer, and the fingers might be a little swollen where the touch pads are forming. The head is more erect and neck is more developed. Your baby now moves its body and limbs, and this movement can be visible during an ultrasound, but you won't be able to feel it yet.
Mom-to-be: Your uterus is continuing to grow, and you may begin to see your waistline thickening. But unless you tell people the good news, your pregnancy still won't be noticeable to others. Weight gain is still small, if at all, since you could be experiencing food aversions, cravings, heartburn, indigestion, nausea and bloating. Mood swings and weepiness similar to PMS symptoms are common, too.
I'm not sure if anyone else cares about this stuff, but I just think it's so fascinating to know how the baby is developing right at this moment. As for the "Mom-to-be" info... it's almost as if they asked me exactly what I'm experiencing right now. My morning sickness is thankfully starting to dwindle--it's not as constant as it was--but the nausea still hits pretty often, and NO food looks good if I wait too long between snacks. The exhaustion, though, is unreal! Every morning when I get up, I feel like I could go back to bed and sleep allllll daaaay. I'm so happy it's Friday!! :-D
I was very, very happy when I got home last night. Everything was clean... even random things like our toaster oven and the ceiling fan blades! I just thought it was such a thoughtful gift for Ryan to get me. It was something I never would have thought of, or asked for, but he was thoughtful enough to think of something that would really make it easier on me. I'm SO thankful for him!
My company was voted the #1 insurance company in our annual County poll. (We've been #1 for 6 years or so) We were also voted as the #2 all-around business. My favorite new smoothie place (which hasn't sounded good for weeks, but regardless) was voted #2 new business! :) I was happy for that... they're very nice people. They know my name and know that I always order #3--strawberry & peach. (not sure if they'd still remember, though!)
Hope you all have a great day, and a wonderful weekend! :)
Not sure if anyone cares? :) I think I can speak for all: we love it! :D So cool to think that a whole new person is growing in you!
Love you love you! :) And thanks for your prayers. I feel so much better today :) And! I got a new migraine med which, incidentally, has a side effect of weight loss. Sweet! ;)
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:30 AM, January 12, 2007
Congrats on the work thing... I know what it's like to work for a company you are proud of. :)