My husband is the sweetest. I came home after work last night, and there was a PINK Starbucks Valentine's day coffee mug with hearts all over it sitting on the counter. He got some coffee yesterday morning, saw it while in line, and thought I'd love it. I obviously can't use it for coffee right now, but it'll be perfect for me to cart around my chocolate milk I'm craving every single day. (sometimes more than once a day)
Well, this snow we got on Sunday was Tucker's first snow, so I was anxious to see how he'd react to it. At first, he didn't really seem that interested. So, I gathered together a small, barely packed snowball, and threw it at him. The snow covered his little nose, and stuck to his whiskers. From there on, he thought the snow was pretty darn cool. We stayed outside for close to half an hour as I made snowballs and threw them for him to go catch. (and eat) He got so excited that he was racing around the yard. :) He LOVES the snow!!
I was nauseous all of yesterday, and have a feeling it may stick around all day today. I even woke up with it, (along with a nice headache) which isn't as common for me. More than that, though, I'm absolutely, completely, utterly exhausted. I keep getting plenty of sleep at night, yet every day, just like today, I sit here fighting the urge to close my eyes!
Well, my due date is technically August 15, but my ticker on the left-hand side is calculating my pregnancy based on an August 17th due date. Reason being, the baby was measuring at 7 weeks, 6 days at my 8 week, 1 day ultrasound. Well, I just found out the other day that doctors will keep the same due date, because the baby can measure a day or two ahead or behind, but still be right on track. If that's the case, I'm really 10 weeks, 6 days today. I guess we'll find out at my next ultrasound? (Feb. 2nd) I'm new at this!
I had been under the assumption that the bloated lower tummy I've had practically since finding out I was pregnant wouldn't be the actual baby until around 12 weeks (give or take) when the uterus expands past my pelvic bones. Over the weekend, though, I definitely noticed that my lower abdomen is starting to feel hard. I even had Ryan feel it, and he agreed that it's hard now. I thought that seemed awfully early, but my What to Expect When You're Expecting newsletter on Monday morning started out with, "Your lower abdomen is probably just starting to protrude a bit now." Don't get me wrong, it's only a tiny little pooch, and no one would guess that I'm pregnant yet. But for someone who had, in my hubby's words, a "concave" stomach before.. this is new!! It's fun, though. :)
I told Ryan last night that I already have a feeling it's a boy. He said I have a 50/50 chance of being right, so we'll see. :)
Before you know it.... its going to be August... that the month my dad was born. Great month :o) Well make sure you gettin lots of rest :o) have a great rest of the weekkkk!!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:27 AM, January 24, 2007