Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Random Observations -

I've been absolutely swamped at work, and yet, now that I have some time to write an entry, I'm completly drawing a blank. I'm pretty much exhausted all the time, and thinking up things to talk about just takes too much energy. :) But I'm happy!

I'm awfully hormonal lately.. not a mean or hot-tempered-kind of hormonal.. but more like sentimental, weepy, sappy, and even nostalgic. What's more, I cry at the drop of a hat! I watch CMT every morning while eating breakfast, and oh man, watch out when songs like "When I Get Where I'm Going," "My Wish," "I Loved Her First," "I've Been Watching You," and so forth come on. Instant tear-fest.

The good news is that I think my body is finally getting over the nausea. I still have moments, but it's not a constant thing like it used to be. I hope I'm not jinxing anything by saying that. It was replaced, though, with my new symptoms: light-headedness and dizziness, thanks to the baby needing the majority of my blood flow. And the heartburn. Holy cow, the heartburn. I never really got heartburn before getting pregnant, so this is a new, fun little thing. (Haha! :)

I'm somewhat annoyed by my ticker on the left-hand side. It's not accurate. I KNOW for a fact that our baby is 2 1/2 inches by now, not still stuck at 1 inch. I liked that ticker simply because it's small, but I think it kinda sucks.

One thing I simply don't understand is why some people Google me. If you already know that my Xanga name is vsgreeneyes, why the need to search it? It's equally weird to see "emily and ryan" "blogspot" as a search. All you need to do is put some dots and a com in there, and that's my address. I really don't care, honestly, it just seems like a waste of time is all.

If you're wondering, the banana pudding on Sunday was fabulous. :)

Believe it or not, Ryan and I are now actually leaning towards finding out whether our baby is a boy or a girl. Well, Ryan has been leaning towards it the whole time, (just for our first) but I just started to feel the urge to know as soon as possible. I mean, we still have 6-8 weeks before we CAN find out, (depending on when they schedule the ultrasound) so I'm sure at least MY opinion on the matter is going to flip-flop before then. Ryan says he's going to ask the technician to tell him regardless of whether or not I want to know! Not sure if he's serious or not.... ;-)

In other news, I suddenly feel very old. My memory is leaving so much to be desired right now, it's not even funny. It's so not like me. Can I blame it on pregnancy brain yet?? Speaking of which...

Week 11: (from my What to Expect When You're Expecting Newsletter)

Are your two favorite positions these days sitting and lying down? Not surprising. Your pregnant body works harder at rest than your nonpregnant body did on the run. That's because you're running a baby-making factory that's in business 24/7 (and since you're the only employee, you're on the clock around the clock). And for the next few weeks, a baby's not the only thing in production — so is the placenta, the magnificently complex mission control that will serve as your baby's life support system until delivery. The result? You feel overworked, even when you're not doing a darn thing. Your energy should pick up once the placenta's up and running and your system adjusts (as best as it can) to the hormonal changes of pregnancy — probably early in the second trimester. In the meantime, keep your blood sugar level up with frequent snacks of complex carbs and protein (cheese and crackers; nuts and dried fruit), try a little exercise (which can actually give you an energy boost), and most of all — listen to your body. When it calls for a break, take one.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Hope you all are having a great week!


1:52 PM

Comments:
Oh heartburn. It's fun, eh? There's that old wive's tale that if you have a lot of heartburn during pregnancy, your baby has lots of hair - ha! I had it constantly and Aly still has barely any hair at all.

Oooh... finding out the sex of the baby is GOOD. As a new mom, you get ticked off when people ask things like "Is that a boy or a girl?" all the time. You don't want ALL pink or blue. But you can get yellow things that are girly or green things that say boy rather than so neutral. It's mostly if you have a girl. Doesn't matter that Aly is head to toe pink, pink blanket, pink pacifier and pierced ears.... she is always "he" to strangers. Grrr.
 
I knew you'd want to find out what it was.. I can't wait to see what it is!! :):)

And I want some 'nano puddin!!!!

Ohh..AND! I watch CMT in the morning too! (WEIRD!) All those songs make me cry and sappy too, and I'm not even pregnant, so it's not just you!! (I LOVE the Watching You video...precious!)

Wuvs
 
Hehehe, you are SO going to find out the second you're able to! :) If I know you at all, which I like to think that I do.... ;) ;)

A few entries back, when you said you didn't want to know, I was thinkin' "whaaa??", but now I see you're coming around to your usual self, lol :):):)

teeheeheehee

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

(PS - It's SNOWING again!!!!!)
 
Hi there, my name is Jen and I don't comment here much, but I love everything you write. I am a little shy, as it were. But anyway, I used to have a Xanga once and the way it was explained to me with all of the searches is that Google runs things like that just to keep their results fresh. Especially now I am sure that Blogger and Google are friends. I hope you feel better. Have a great day. :-)
 
Definitely blame it on pregnancy blame, not age! ;) As for the heartburn - my mom was sick as a dog when she was pregnant with me, but no heartburn whatsoever; she barely had a day of nausea with my brother, but had the most ridiculous heartburn under the sun - she ate Tums like they were candy. In fact, she was about 8 months pregnant that Christmas, and we put one of the GIANT (like, Costco-sized) bottles of Tums in her stocking. It was her favorite gift that year. :)

Anyway, keep us updated on the whole finding-out-the-gender thing! I always go back and forth on what I'll want to do - Joel is against knowing, so I suppose we'll see in the end! :)

Hope your week keeps going well, darlin'!
 
Um... make that pregnancy BRAIN, not blame! Whoops! :P
 
i don't know if this is coming up as a "search" i wish that i knew more about computers...when i log onto your "old" site through xanga, it gives me a link to here, does that come up as a search as well? hopefully not :) i hope that you get some rest! God bless, Vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers