Happy 2007! We had a very nice New Year's Eve spent with family. (With Ryan's parents up in PA with Grampa, we had to change plans.) It started out as a pretty small gathering (as far as our family gatherings are concerned!) but we wound up with close to 20 people by the time the ball dropped.
We had reserved a spot at a new kennel for Tucker, since we were going to be gone over New Year's weekend. Our favorite place was already full, and this new kennel had ONE whole opening. Anyway, when our plans were cancelled, we found out that the kennel had a 5-day cancellation policy.. we found this out with about 3 days notice. Our options were either pay 50% of the entire stay, or just go ahead and send him. Obviously, we chose option B, and we were SO GLAD we did; it was a really nice break. :)
This place, though, was awesome. I would've stayed there if they let me. It was nestled on a 90 acre farm, complete with a dozen or so horses, and the kennel itself was housed in a picturesque barn. (complete with Christmas lights, and wreaths, even) They play classical music 24/7 to calm the dogs, (as crazy as it sounds, it seemed to work.., none of them barked when I came in) They had extras you could purchase, (which we didn't) including "nature hikes" and individual play time; oh, and you could even request scrambled eggs and other human-food for your pooch. All of the dogs had play time, grouped by size. When Ryan picked Tucker up yesterday, he was told that Tucker had played very nicely, and was welcome back anytime. (I guess you can be banned from this place) Tucker was happy and plump when he came home!
I'm approximately 7 weeks, 3 days pregnant today. :) According to my ticker, baby's fingers and toes are lengthening, and his or her brain is beginning to grow. Baby should also look more like a baby now via U/S, and is approximately the size of a small raspberry. :) My first appointment is TOMORROW at 2:00, and I couldn't possibly be more thrilled. Unless, of course, the appointment were today. ;-) Still feeling sick, and exhausted, but that's more than fine by me.
I should have pictures from Christmas/New Year's posted tomorrow morning, so feel free to check back! And I'll definitely be scanning in some ultrasound pictures after our appointment, but that could take till Monday or so.
Wow! It sounds like Tucker was having a feast. I am glad you had a great New Years and That is so exciting. We will be keeping you and Ryan in our prayers. GOD Bless.