Well, our appointment couldn't have gone better! :) My new Dr.'s office is a grand total of 2 minutes away from where I work, so that was a nice surprise. Two very nice nurses assisted me when I was first brought back. They took a urine sample,weighed me, took my blood pressure, took 3 viles of blood, and asked a slew of questions pertaining to family medical history. They also gave me two pregnancy magazines and a "First Trimester Gift" that had a book of month to month photographs of the baby in the womb, along with full descriptions of every single thing that happens during each month. It is THE most awesome thing I've ever seen! I read through the entire thing last night. :)
My doctor came in after I got into my lovely two-piece ensemble (it wasn't even a whole gown) and she seems very nice. Usually doctors offices are so cold, but their's was nice and warm, so I was thankful for that. One of the nurses went to get Ryan as my doctor was wheeling around the ultrasound equipment. Because I'm not very far along, it was an internal ultrasound, which was interesting. They turned off the lights, and instantly our little baby popped up on the screen. "There it is," she told us. Ryan stared at it, and asked, "Where?" :) She pointed out the baby, who was positioned at the top of my uterus, and printed off a picture for us. She measured our baby, and he or she is measuring a whopping 14 mm! :) Turns out I'm further along that I expected.. 7 weeks, 6 days yesterday, which makes me 8 weeks today. My new due date is August 15th! We saw the heartbeat, which was a tiny, blinking white light. It was the most amazing thing to see, knowing that this little human being is inside of me, with his or heart little heart just beating away. I'm already in love.
I put the ultrasound picture they gave us in a frame. :) I'll most likely be able to scan it in sometime this weekend, too.
A huge thank you to all of those that prayed for our appointment to go well! Seeing the heartbeat was the first milestone, and really makes it all so real. I'll get my next ultrasound sometime between 11 and 14 weeks, but I'll know exactly when I make the appointment on Monday. I also have a regular appointment scheduled for Feb. 1st, and she'll be able to find the heartbeat externally with a doppler. Can't wait to hear that!! :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and a great weekend!!
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm an Aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha
I'm so happy for you guys - you are going to have a beautiful pregnancy and beautiful little baby at the end of it.
I'm so proud for you and I can't wait to see the pictures!
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:37 AM, January 05, 2007
Emily that is so exciting. I am so happy for you and Ryan. that is awesome. May God Bless you and I pray that you feel better. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. God Bless. Your Friends
Do you and Ryan want to know the sex of the baby once you can find out or do you want it to be a surprise? It would be something if your baby comes on our wedding date (August 20th)!:)
Congrats!!! that is soooo exciting i havent had a chance to leave a comment until now.. Im so happy for the both of you. God has really blessed yoru family and i know there are a bunch of angels watching over you and your family! God Bless you! <3 Brandi