The countdown to 12 weeks ended today. :) (Although my ticker sucks and is stuck on 11 weeks, 5 days. I'm 12 weeks today!) The new countdown to 13 weeks begins tomorrow. (Yes, I look forward to every weekly marker!) Who knew I'd be so excited about Wednesdays?!
Which means, new belly picture will be taken tonight! I think I look exactly the same as last week, though.
The countdown to my next doctor's appointment ends tomorrow. My appointment is at 2:00, and I'll get to hear our baby's heartbeat through their doppler!!! It was so exciting seeing the heartbeat flashing on the screen at our 8 week ultrasound, but I know that finally hearing it is going to be amazing too. I'm honestly really curious to know what the heart rate is. I know it's just an old wives tale, but it's the first clue as to whether it's a boy or girl. :) Go figure, now I'm curious.
Then, Friday is our ultrasound!!! Ryan's really excited about this one, too, since it'll be done with better equipment, AND it will be a longer ultrasound. I'm excited because I know our baby is going to look a LOT different that he/she did 4 weeks ago, and will look more like a baby (moving around and everything!) and less like a little, blinking gummy bear. :)
So, that means that this is my last full day of work for the rest of the week. Tomorrow I'll be leaving at 1:30, and I'll be leaving at 2:15 on Friday. Very nice indeed!
In other news, I'm pretty anxious to get into my second trimester, and hopefully get some of my energy back! EVERY morning, without fail, no matter how much sleep I get or how deeply I sleep, I feel completely exhausted at my desk at 9 AM. I'm talking it's a STRUGGLE to keep my eyes open, much less be fully functioning. That's why my weekends are so precious. :) I get to sleep to my little heart's desire.
I think that theseare a really neat idea. (not to mention adorable) Now the question is... dog or frog? The duck is kinda cute, too. Decisions! ;-)