It's been a CRAZY morning! It's fitting, though, because we had a pretty crazy evening as well. I am SO glad it's Friday!!
I walked into our apartment last night after work, and was overwhelmed by thesmell of gas. We have gas heat in our apartment.. oven, fireplace, etc. I checked our burners and oven to make sure nothing had been left on, and all was clear. I called Ryan and he told me to grab the dog, and leave.
Thankfully the office was still open over at our apartment's clubhouse, so I immediately let them know, and they sent over a service guy right away. We could smell the gas from outside, that's how bad it was. He walked into the apartment, and told me not to turn on any lights. He opened all of our windows (did I mention it's been FRIGID here??) and the back door to air out the apartment. Then he looked for the source of the leak, only to determine it wasn't coming from our apartment.
Around the time when the service guy was unlocking all of the other apartments in the building, (NO ONE else was home!) Ryan got home, so we headed over to my parents' house. Eventually, the service guy called to let us know that it had been coming from the apartment directly below us. They had left a burner running at medium, with no flame, ALL DAY. We're very, very thankful that nothing sparked, or our entire building would've blown up.
While waiting for our apartment to air out, we hung out at my parents' house and watched that show In the Womb: Multiples that I had asked my Dad if he would record for me. (We don't get the National Geographic channel) I had been dying to see it, and it is AMAZING! When they reached 10 weeks, I got especially excited, because that's what our baby looks like right now. :) Being pregnant and having a child growing inside of you is such a miracle.
We got back home around 9:00, and, although very chilly, our apartment was back to normal. I started some laundry, and Ryan and I chatted in our bedroom. Right around that moment, Tucker decided to pee... on our bed. (He has NEVER done that before!!) Thankfully it only affected our comforter and top sheet, but we so did not need that last night!
Yesterday was an interesting day as far as the pregnancy is concerned, and today is equally so. I get little waves of nausea, but nothing like before. I've been absolutely starving, and having to use the restroom every hour. I feel like I could sleep for days...zzzzz. And lets not even talk about my chest... whoa!
Still, I'm happy, because I feel like I'm getting past the gross, sick-feeling part of my pregnancy, and into the fun stuff. :) I'm sure I'll still have a bad day or three before I'm out of my first trimester, but still.
Oh man! I'm so glad you all are safe! The smell of gas always freaks me out. My aunt's sister lost her husband when their house exploded in a gas leak :-\
That In the Womb show looked so cool! I wanted to see it but forgot to watch. Tonight, though, they have one with animals! They show a dolphin, dogs, and elephants in the womb. It looks so neat!
Stay warm today and try not to get blown away in all this wind! :)
LOVE YOU!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:51 AM, January 19, 2007
Crazy day!! I am so thankful that you guys smelled the gas and helped get it taken care of!
All the yuckiness of pregnancy is sooooooooooo worth it!
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:06 PM, January 19, 2007
That was an amazing show! When I was watching it I was trying to pay extra close attention to different parts because so many of my friends are pregnant, but they're all at different weeks! :-) Isn't it amazing how children grow??
Wow, I'm glad nothing happened with that gas leak! I hate having a gas stove, it makes me so nervous! Especailly since this is the first time in my life I've ever had one, and I'm always so afraid I'm going to blow something up!!
Oh my gosh!! About eight years ago, I lived in a third floor apartment and I came home around 11 in the morning after class and could smell a LOT of smoke. I called 9-1-1 and they instructed me to get out. Come to find out the 1st floor apartment below me had caught on fire. At any rate, the building was FULL of smoke, but our individual apartments weren't bad. However the fire department opened EVERY window in EVERY apartment where someone was home to air it out. Did I mention it was January?!?! Needless to say it was FREEZING in our place. Glad you're feeling better and have a great weekend!!
that is really scary, im sure glad nothing did spark and you got out of there fast!!! I watched a show like that with my sister when she was pregnant. its just such a miracle sent from god :o) Have a wonderful weekend :o) BRandi