Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Five -

Good morning! It's Wednesday, and we're half-way there. :) The winter weather is back, and I'm loving it! I love that I need my gloves, and a warm scarf. It's much more Christmas-like. (even if we don't get a single snowflake--can't have everything!)

Five days till Christmas now! Five is actually a funny number for me. When I was little, if my Dad didn't know how long something would take, or how long it would take for something to come, or how much longer we'd be in the car, anything that had to do with numbers... he'd always answer, "5." It's still a running joke to this day! Probably sounds silly, but I cherish pretty much everything from my childhood. And my Dad is, and always has been, honest to goodness, hilarious. :) I, unfortunately, didn't get his quick wit!

Okay, I was accused of not answering my own daily questions. :) No, we're not really traveling on Christmas this year. We'll be going to our Christmas Eve service at church, then going to my parents' house to open gifts. When we were in our late teens, they gave my brother and I the option of opening our gifts on Christmas Eve, and it has stuck ever since. :) On Christmas day, Ryan and I will be exchanging our gifts with each other when we wake up, having a yummy breakfast, then just enjoying the rest of the morning with just the two of us. From there, we'll be heading out to my Aunt & Uncle's house for Christmas dinner around 2-ish.

Oh, and I get the day after Christmas off. :) I just asked yesterday at the end of my review. The review went very well.. my boss had nothing but positive things to say, which of course was wonderful!

One of our agents gave out Christmas cards today, and included in mine was a Starbucks gift card. :) Ahhhh, nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a gift card for free coffee! ;-)

Our apartment complex is having a Christmas party tonight, complete with free food and "live music." (I'm sure I can use that term loosely) We will be going, of course.. did I mention they have free food? ;-) Hey, we don't know that many of our neighbors, (maybe 8 or so?) so it'll be good for us.

Question for the day... what item on your Christmas dinner table are you most looking forward to? ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!


9:11 AM

Comments:
That's hilarious!! We have the same joke in our house, except with "6"! ;) Hehehe :) Great minds...

*sigh* I'm so glad this semester is FINALLY over! :) Wanna have lunch on Friday?
 
I am looking forward to the ham.. I just love ham and leftovers. Have a great day. I cannot wait for Christmas.
Have a blessed day.
 
I'll jump in with an answer - my mom's amazing egg casserole, that's super easy, but is only made on Christmas morning. Love it. :)

Off-topic, but I did a trial run with my bouquet yesterday (planning a similar style to yours, just not red!). We had some minor issues, but overall it turned out relatively well. Thought I'd check with you though and see if you could offer any helpful tips from your experience with the bouquets last year. Also, how many did you use in your bouquet and your girls'? I love the size of them. :)

Mucho thanks & hope the day goes fast for you!

.ashlee.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers