Wow. I can't even begin to thank you all for all of the congratulations, encouragement, and well wishes! :) Ryan & I couldn't possibly be more thrilled about this baby, and we're already anxious for him or her to arrive. We still have quite a ways to go, though!
Well, here are all the questions that were posted yesterday:
How far along are you? As of today, I'm approximately 6 weeks, 4 days.
When did you find out? December 12th, two days after our anniversary! :) Funny thing is, I had taken a test on Saturday morning before we left for our trip, and it was negative. I was disappointed, but thought, well, I guess I can have a glass of champagne to toast with! :)
A day after we got back from our trip, my period still hadn't shown, so I picked up some tests from the store after work. Sure enough, the little plus sign popped up immediately! (I eventually took a grand total of 5 tests, just to be sure) I was able to tell Ryan once he got home, and he had the biggest smile on his face that I've ever seen. Funny thing was, he had stopped to get me flowers out of the blue on his way home. :) How fitting!
When are you due? A good estimate is August 19th. It happened on my first cycle off of the pill, so I don't know exactly how long my cycle was. I'll find out a more accurate due date on January 4th, when I get my first ultrasound. :) Only 6 more days!!
Was it planned? YES! :) It was our first month without preventing. No pressure, though, we just had fun! We feel incredibly blessed to have had it happen right away. We're ready for babies. We've known for a long time when we wanted to start.
Have you had any morning-sickness? Unfortunately, it started this past Saturday. Christmas Eve was REALLY bad! I had chicken and dumplins cooking in the crock pot all day, and it was so repulsive that I asked Ryan to dump it down the drain for me, so I wouldn't have to look at it. We went out to Panera Bread for Christmas Eve dinner.. no joke.. and it was wonderful. :)
Now, though, there isn't much at all that sounds good to me. Meat looks disgusting, especially. My favorite things are toasted english muffins with honey drizzled over them. Oh, and LEMONADE is the best stuff on earth. Other than that, the only thing I can really stomach is dry cereal.
It's really incredible for me to think about the fact that there is a little baby inside of me, one that Ryan and I made together, (through the grace of God) developing more and more each day. It's really an amazing thing! I already have a little pooch.. which is funny, because I've always had a really flat stomach. I'm embracing the pooch! I know it's not the baby yet, just water retention or something, but I'm already looking forward to having a little baby belly. I'm just really excited about it all. :) It's already such an amazing thing, so I can only imagine how much more so it will be when I can see the our baby on the screen, feel him or her moving around, and kicking..
Oh, and Ryan already hopes it's a boy. :) He thinks all sisters should have an older brother, (Awww... yeah, my husband's incredible) so he's hoping for a boy first. He won't be upset if it's a girl, of course, but he's hoping for a boy first. :)
Well, that's all I can think of for right now. We're anxious for my first appointment on Jan. 4th! Ryan definitely will be there, which I'm happy about, and we should be able to see the little heartbeat on the screen. I can't wait to see that, to know everything is going well in there.
That is awesome! :-) Having a baby is so very exciting. The morning sickness will pass. I hope you feel better. Have a great day!
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:37 AM, December 28, 2006
that's great! Thanks for sharing all that :) -Swila
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:39 PM, December 28, 2006
Wow, congrats!!!! I can't wait to hear all about how your baby is growing! :) Wishing you lots of happiness & healthiness for the next 9 months. So excited for you!
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:27 PM, December 28, 2006
Omigosh! CONGRATULATIONS!!:) That's so wonderful! It's funny because I was thinking how neat it would be for someone to find out that they are pregnant around Christmas because of the significance of it all and look! You're pregnant! I can't believe that you kept it a secret from us for so long, though! Was it because you didn't want your family to know until Christmas?
Please keep us updated on EVERYTHING. I absolutely love babies (I watch TLC shows about babies all the time) and can't wait until my husband and I are ready to have kids around 2 years from now. Sorry for the long post, but I'm just really excited for you because you two seem like such a cute couple!;) Congrats again!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:48 PM, December 28, 2006
Congrats! Our Christmas was spent around all of Caleb's cousin's babies and pregnant cousin-in-law...I was about to throw out my pills and not tell him ;) I would never do that of course but I want to start a family so badly. Maybe this time next year though. I know we're not quite ready. We're moving to Chicago in May so I'm hoping once we're settled there we can start! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! How exciting :)
#
posted by Anonymous :
2:02 AM, December 29, 2006