Good morning! They say it's going to get close to 70 today, but that's hard to believe considering there was FROST on my car this morning! Speaking of which.. I just have to mention that I have the most wonderful husband on earth.. I came out to my car, and he had cleared off my windows for me! Sweet surprises like that make my day! :)
We had a very nice weekend, and definitely appreciated the extra hour of sleep. Both Sunday and this morning, we felt like we were sleeping in! :) Ryan was even up before the alarm went off this morning. Of course, the dog's not used to it yet, so he was whining an hour earlier than usual. It's much easier to get out of bed at 6 AM when the sun is already peeking out. :)
After we dropped off my car on Saturday morning at the auto shop, we went out for breakfast at a cute, little cafe. From there, we decided to go check out some local condos.. three complexes, actually: one renovated, two new. The renovated one was definitely in our price range, but "just okay" in Ryan's words. I could see us making one very, very nice, but he had good points about it. The very last one was in an exclusive area, and we only headed over there because one of our neighbors just bought and moved into one. They're townhome-style condos.. two levels, no one above or below you. It's the kind of place where granite countertops, garages, and hardwood floors come standard.. the HOA fees includes access to a country club, digital cable, and broadband internet. ($340 a MONTH) Oh, that, and the condos START at 350k.
Thing is, I know we could get a townhome for less than that (with much less ridiculous HOA fees).. of course it wouldn't have granite and such, but how many people have granite in the first home they buy?! :) Seriously, we don't need all of that.
On Sunday afternoon, we carved pumpkins! Pretty much every Sunday afternoon is spent over at my parents' house, unless we have other plans, and my brother comes over as well. So, my brother, Ryan and I all carved pumpkins. Wanna see?
Left to right: Ryan's ghost, my racoon, and my brother's scaredy pumpkin.
LOTS of fun! :) I'm excited about tomorrow.. seeing all the little trick-or-treaters in their costumes. AND Tucker will be in his costume. :)
Well, time to roll over the phones. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)