Good morning! It's a chilly morning here today.. weather.com says it's currently 40 degrees but "feels like 31" with the wind. Brrr! I love it. :) My new dressy winter coat (on sale for $74 with a 25% coupon!) is supposed to come today, too, so it's not a minute too soon!
Oh, oh! I did take pictures here in town last week. :) I took them during my lunchbreak on Friday, and there are a few good ones that I liked, which I plan on posting. However, fall pictures definitely took precedence! :) I just had to post those first.
So, I have a confession. Last night, at the grocery store, I eagerly snatched up the new Jane magazine with Jessica Simpson on the cover. I'll admit it.. I just love her! Newlyweds, when it was still on the air, (and still true) was one of my guilty pleasures. She may not come off as the sharpest tool in the shed, but I still like her. (and she has got to be one of the most beautiful women alive, in my opinion.)
Thing is, I've really never read Jane magazine before, and I'm not sure if it was JUST this month's edition, (doubt it) but it's extremely, unbelievably liberal. I guess that shouldn't have been a huge surprise, but it was so in your face. Aside from an article on politics where they made it very clear who they favor, they also had a section on different contraceptives. Okay, fine, but rather than just give readers all of their "options," they introduced the section with a big spiel on how our awful, terrible, no-good government is trying to control what women do with their bodies, how every woman should become an activist, and so forth, to the point where I was just completely disgusted.
It's no secret that I'm very pro-life, and to be honest, the whole debate over a woman's "choice" really makes me angry. Women HAVE a choice... do I think they should have a choice AFTER their initial choice, once it involves another life? Uh, no. It's not just YOUR life you're taking into your hands at that point. You had a choice. It really seems like our society is very anti-responsibility, though, and now there are a million different "outs" so you won't have to take responsibility for your actions. Some actions have consequences, and if you're not prepared to deal with those consquences... then maybe you should think twice.
"Not a sermon, just a thought." :) Eh, if you're not from this area, you probably won't get that. Anyway, I know not everyone shares my views. I just honestly feel that supposed "toleration" (for anyone who shares their views, mind you) and whatever-works-for-you, the main views of the liberal-minded, is not a great direction for our society to be heading, to say the least.
WOW, it's nearly 11:00. It's been incredibly busy today! Some people here have discovered that I am computer and gadget literate, and I've been given quite a few new tasks.. things to set up, things to do. It's fun. :) I feel useful.
What about women who were raped, incest or carry the pregnancy to term will harm the mother? I agree that women need to be responsible for their initial decision, but there are some women out there who had that decision stolen from them.