Friday, October 27, 2006

Pumpkins & Predicaments -

Good morning, and Happy Friday! I guess more of you watched Newlyweds than I thought. ;-) Though, Jessica Simpson's dumb quotes were pretty notorious.. that one was lesser known than the "Chicken of the Sea" comment heard 'round the world, though. :)

Well, I don't usually mention my aches and pains on here, (boring, much?) but I've had an interesting 6 weeks. See, I woke up on my last day at my last company with the WORST neck pain I've ever experienced. It was excruciating, to the point where I really couldn't move my neck in any direction. Well, this neck pain lasted for FIVE WEEKS, eventually moving into my shoulder blade, and finally, at long last, the pain was gone after exactly 5 weeks.

Unfortunately, the following day, while at the gym, I noticed that something was not right with my left arm. After I do cardio, I go lift free weights. Well, I could barely grip the dumbbell with my left hand, and the muscles in my left arm were pretty much useless.

I didn't decide to the see the Dr., though, until the night before last. I was carrying a glass of water in my left hand from the kitchen to the living room, a total of a mere 8 feet or so, and nearly dropped it. :( It scared Ryan, and he insisted that I get an appointment IMMEDIATELY.

So, I had my appointment yesterday afternoon at 2:30. My Dr. shook her head at me when I said I dealt with that neck/shoulder blade pain for 5 weeks, but seriously? Unless I'm practically dying, I think it's not a big enough deal to go to the Dr. Anyway, I have pinched nerve, and she thinks I have a problem with a disc in my neck, so she sent me off to get an X-ray and MRI. She also gave me a prescription for steroids, (to help with the inflammation around my nerve) and gave me a referral for a local neck and spine specialist. Lovely, right? :) I got the x-rays done immediately, but I have to schedule the MRI after I schedule an appointment with the neck/spine specialist.

Oh, and my Dr. told me to immediately stop trying to lift weights with my upper body, for now. :(

So, that's what's going on with me! Probably more than anyone wanted to know. :) I'm really, really looking forward to the weekend! We're carving our pumpkins on Sunday afternoon. Years ago, I used to be able to carve my pumpkin the day of Halloween, and it was always a race to get it out on the doorstep before the trick-or-treaters arrived. Now, it'll be a race to get home before trick-or-treaters start arriving, forget about the pumpkin carving!! :) But I always love carving a pumpkin each year.. get to be creative.

OH! OH! Tucker's new, bigger-sized jersey came in the mail yesterday, and it is soooooo cute on him! I took pictures, but I realized that I left my card reader at my parents' house, so I'll post them over the weekend. :) I also have the town pictures to post from last week!

Well, hope you all have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend! :)


8:34 AM

Comments:
Oh, EM! :( I'm sorry... Hope those steroids start workin' soon! I'll be praying for you! Take care of yourself, ok?

LOVE YOU MUCH!
 
Oh my...!!! I hope you start to feel better soon and have fun craving pumkins... i dont think i will get to do it this year.. :o/ and i cant wait to see pictures of tucker..!!! :o)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers