Wednesday, October 18, 2006

In My Bubble -

It's only 11, but it's been a very busy day! We had the local pharmacy here this morning to administer flu shots to all the staff, (those that wanted them) and also had the neighboring lawyer's office here as well. Everyone congregated in my part of the office for the morning, so it was a bit hectic. :)

I wasn't feeling well yesterday.. sometime around 10, I felt ill, and then around 11:45. I knew then that I had a stomach bug. My coworker encouraged me to go home, so I did. The nice thing about my new company is that they don't make you feel guilty for being sick. :-P

On the way home, I stopped by the store to pick up some soda. We don't really even like soda, but it does taste good when you're sick. While I was there, I decided to have the pharmacy fill my birth control prescription. I went to pay, and found out that, guess what? My new insurance (which I got under Ryan's company) doesn't cover birth control. Lovely. So, rather than my previous $15 co-pay, it was $47.99. It'd practically be cheaper just to have a baby! Okay, no, I'm joking. Really.

I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching The Break Up, and later watching Match Point with Ryan. I did like The Break Up.. it was funny, but I'm a romantic, so I disliked the ending. Match Point was.. interesting. I've heard rave reviews about it, and it did make Ryan and I talk a lot about it after watching it, but I don't know if that makes it "good." It wasn't going to end well no matter what, but they did a great job at tying it all together in the end.

Ryan took Tucker out last night, and as soon as they came back through the door, Tucker was by my side at the couch. He put his paws on my shirt, then was off to retrieve a toy. At that point, I noticed that he had left blood on my shirt. I looked him over, and sure enough, he was bleeding where his left dew claw meets his ankle. I found more blood on the kitchen floor. Ryan held him, and I cleaned him up, but we still don't know what happened! Poor pug. :(

I'm feeling somewhat better today, but I'm on the dry cereal diet at least for the rest of the day. Getting sick at work sucks, so I'm doing what I can to avoid that. Everyone was very sweet when I got in this morning, but they, of course, kind of kept their distance in case I'm contagious. :) I feel like I'm in a bubble. Unfortunately, Ryan has the bug today. :( Kind of unavoidable, but I was hoping he wouldn't catch it.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!


10:03 AM

Comments:
Good to hear you're getting better.
I feel ya on the birth control thing. It's highway robbery. Try drugstore.com, i have found that they have the lowest prices, even with the shipping and handling, they are still cheaper than anything around here!!!
 
Ack... dewclaws are a miserable, miserable thing! Cal still has his, and he's torn his front ones at least three times already. They can snag on just about anything and pull away, which is why most puppies have them removed when they're still babies anymore. Drives me crazy that Cal's weren't removed, but I can't stand the thought of putting him through the surgery now (apparently it's terrible for adult dogs). They're just something you have to be aware of and cautious with - make sure they're trimmed just like the regular nails!

Hope you're feeling better, darlin'! :)
 
The Breakup was our movie on the plane :) I thought it was funny, but I agree on the ending :) Although Vince Vaughn's character was kind of a bum ;) Funny, but a bum ;) hehe

I've had a NASTY stomach bug since Hawaii :-P I actually had to go to the doc yesterday. I'm glad I got an appointment, or else I might have gone to the ER. It was bad. :-P Anyway, he told me to stop eating dry cereal like I had been, and that I should only eat rice, carrots, and bananas till it got better. It's actually been working. My stomach handles it a lot better, surprisingly enough. Who knew dry cereal didn't work? :)

Well, that was a long comment ;) LOVE YOU BUNCHES, buddy :) I hope you feel better VERY soon! :)

((((completelyuncontagiousvirutalhug)))) ;)
 
I also hear ya on the birth control thing. I have had to pay full price for awhile now and I totally cringe every time.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers