Hey all! Well, we've been celebrating my Dad's birthday this afternoon, so we're over at my parents' house. It's been really nice, and the Redskins even won, just for him. :)
Yesterday, Ryan and I got up early and drove out to meet Ryan's parents and sister for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then we all went out to the Mountain Heritage Arts & Crafts Festival at Harper's Ferry. I'd never been before, but it's a great event, with well over 100 vendors. Ryan and I were looking at pottery under one tent, where I fell in love with this big, gorgeous blue vase. I really loved it, but it was pretty expensive. ($125, which isn't bad for what it was, but still) "Do you want it, though?" Ryan asked. "Well, YEAH, I love it, but it's pretty expensive.." So, we continued on. That was only the second or third tent out of, like, 15 or so.
A little later, I found a handmade sign that read, "Always Kiss Me Goodnight," that I just loved. Ryan decided to go back and get it for me, so I handed him a couple 20 dollar bills, and he headed back to go get it. Not 5 minutes later, Dad S. tells me that Ryan is looking for the money I had just given him. I thought he was joking at first, but sure enough. :( Either he missed his pocket, or it fell out somehow, so I was wandering around looking on the ground for our missing bills. No luck. I won't lie, I was really bummed about it, and just couldn't bear to spend another $32, a total of $72, for the sign, no matter how much I liked it. Well, a little later, Dad S. comes up to me holding the sign that Ryan was going to get, and at first I thought maybe Ryan had found the money. "Whose is this?" I asked. My sweet parents-in-law went back and got it for us!! :) I was completely blown away by that.. it was an extremely sweet thing for them to do.
After we went through all of the tents, I decided to go back to that pottery vendor to see the vase I had liked. Unfortunately, someone else had bought it. :( I really didn't like anything else they had left. So, five hours later, with a handmade sign, a satchel of lavender, and a bag of cotton candy, we all headed out. It was oh-so fun, and I'm glad we were able to go. :)
Ryan dropped me off at the door before he parked the truck, so I got to our door first, where there was an Adelphia cable disconnect notice that, uh, wasn't for us. It was our same road number, and apartment number, but the wrong road. We get the other people's mail pretty often, and I'm sure they get ours, so it wasn't surprising. So, I went out on our balcony to call the phone number on the notice, so they'd know they gave it to the wrong people. I came back inside, and what was sitting on our counter but the blue vase I had fallen in love with, with a big 'Sold' sign on it! I couldn't believe it! He's so sneaky!! Ryan offered to take a few items that Mom S. and my sister-in-law, Kendra, had bought back to his truck, and stopped off to buy it for me! :) He is SUCH a sweetheart!! How did I get so lucky?! Seriously, I have the sweetest husband ever.
So, that was our weekend. :) Pretty long, I know, but I kinda miss being able to update every day, and I just feel like writing, I guess. I DID take some pictures, though! :)
Our table, all set for autumn :)
And Ryan put up our plate rack!
The super cute sign that Mom & Dad S. bought us! :) It's hanging on the inside of our bedroom, so only we see it.
The gorgeous vase my hubby surprised me with! It's "wheel thrown stoneware," royal blue with red undertones that look kind of purple with the blue. It's actually very large, but hard to tell in the picture.
One from Friday morning.. my attempt at being artsy. :-P
Well, that's all I've got. :) Just to recap... I've got the most wonderful second set of parents, we had a great weekend, and I have an amazing husband who gives the best surprises!! :) We're doing really well, also, and I'm definitely really loving my job! I honestly feel so blessed.