Friday, September 01, 2006

The Interview & Such -

In case you're wondering, the 9 AM interview I had this morning was excellent!! I actually just got off the phone with the lady I interviewed with, and I have a second interview, to meet with their partners, lined up for next Thursday!!!!!

I would really, really love this job. It's located downtown, (not in DC!) and it's only about a 20 minute commute. (and that's only because of all of the traffic lights!) Most businesses in the town, on the main street, are situated in these old homes. This particular company is in a home that was built in the late 1700's! It's very charming, and nicely decorated. Everyone that I met was very, very friendly. I used to live nearby, so I really felt like I was back in my old stomping grounds. The town is historic, and fun. Around Christmas time, they string lights up and down the main street, and it looks like something out of a movie. Did I mention that I'd really love to have this job??

Well, it's really rainy here today... and it's supposed to continue raining throughout the weekend. This is when having a dog is slightly less fun. :) Anyway, Ryan has his company picnic on Sunday, so I'm really wondering if it may get rained out! On Saturday, we need to do some shopping to get prizes for the raffle. We'll be buying toys for kids in 4 different age groups, and we'll be raffling them off at the picnic. Fun! I haven't been to Toys 'R' Us since I was little. :) Then, PENN STATE will be playing on Saturday afternoon, so of course we'll be watching that.

Well, very busy-busy today! Can you believe, after today, I only have two more work days here?! There's still so much left to do!

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend! :) And thanks so much to those of you that continue to pray about my job search. It means a lot to me!


10:25 AM

Comments:
playing catch up on your posts :) i agree with you sweets...buying a good pair of jeans is a very hard thing to do! i'm excited for you that you found such a great deal! i might go check out the site you mentioned :)

i hope that you get the job that you want....especially when your close, and familiar with the area....transitioning to a new job is enough...anything that will make it more comfortable is good :)

1700's!!! i would LOVE to see that building...that type of historical architecture is so hard to find in the U.S.

have a great holiday weekend...i hope the raining stops (although a cancelled picnic/time indoors with the hubby might not be a bad thing ;) take care! vincencia
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers