It has certainly been a busy morning over here! I love it. :) Been a busy morning for the news, too.
T.O. tried to commit suicide? I honestly can't stand the guy, but I still think that's so sad. :( Interesting that someone can seemingly have it all, yet still be missing something.
Oh, and Anna Nicole's attorney says he's the father of her baby girl.. but does anyone really care? Honestly, I didn't, sorry.
I'm on the lookout for a long, dressy coat for winter. It gets pretty cold here, and especially with having to walk a bit every morning in town, I'd like to get a long winter coat. I can't find anything for under $200. Ugh! Even with a 15% coupon to BlueFly, I've had no luck. Any ideas? I feel like I've looked everywhere.
Ryan got his biggest commission check EVER today! Yeah! And no, that doesn't mean he wouldn't mind if I bought a $200+ coat. :) There are more important things.. like, you know, rent. I'm still really proud of him, though.. he works so hard.
I did get my severance check last week. Biggest check I've ever seen written to my name. My heart skipped a beat or two as I deposited that in our account! I must say, though.. taxes bite. It was 11k before taxes, (*I can say this now, since I no longer work there*) and only a little over 6.5k after taxes. Wow. Don't get me wrong, that's still a ton of money.. and it's the reason I stayed there till the end. However, I agree with my Dad's theory on this: Some people don't seem to care how much tax is taken out of their pay, so he believes there should be one window where you're given your 2 weeks' pay, in cash, then a second window beside it where they ask for your taxes. If you'd only SEE how much money you could have, but they take, maybe more people would be outraged. Really, it's ridiculous.
Anyway, the entire thing is going towards paying off debt, so we are SO excited that we'll be able to save more now!
Well, mail is here, and it's nearly lunchtime. This morning has been a blur! Hope you're all doing great, and having a wonderful day. :)
First of all, I LOVE the sign your in-laws bought you guys! I actually have one just like it, with a different quote, picked out for our bathroom that I just need to get around to buying. SO cute! :)
Secondly, not sure exactly what kind of coat you're hunting for, but Victoria's Secret has some gorgeous knee-length and longer wool coats ranging in price from $98 - $168. They even carry ones in a "tall" length for us leggy girls! Check out their website - maybe that'll help?
Hope your week is going well! :)
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:51 PM, September 27, 2006
Oh trust me... I get very frustrated when I see my gross pay and my net pay. I do NOT make good money, and neither does my husband... and when I see how much we're actually earning, it's frustrating. But at the same time... those taxes pay his salary, and pay for the gear he was issued before he left for Iraq, so I try to remember that.
#
posted by Anonymous :
2:54 PM, September 27, 2006
I have missed talking to you Emily. That vase is great and so is that sign I love craft shows they are awesome. Well I hope you have a great time at your new job Shawn and I are praying for you.
#
posted by Anonymous :
4:18 PM, September 27, 2006
Hey emily and ryan how are you all doing ? and tuker too iam not a big fan of the eagles we are steerlers but T.O. is really something. Good luck looking for that coat that you would like to have. That vase is very nice that ryan got for you too. Have a good luck Shawn
#
posted by Anonymous :
6:36 PM, September 27, 2006
Hey emily and ryan how are you all doing ? and tuker too iam not a big fan of the eagles we are steerlers but T.O. is really something. Good luck looking for that coat that you would like to have. That vase is very nice that ryan got for you too. Have a good week Shawn
#
posted by Anonymous :
6:37 PM, September 27, 2006