Friday, September 29, 2006

Christmas & Torrential Downpours -

It's Friday!! Which means I've made it through my second week here. :) I also got my first paycheck yesterday! Payroll is done in-house, and I found out that they like to give them out a day early. :) Sounds pretty good to me!

I adore my commute, and usually really enjoy having to walk a couple blocks or three from wherever I can find a parking space to the office every morning, since the town is so nice, but last night was not fun. It was sprinkling a little bit before 5, but the sky opened up to a torrential downpour just as we all were leaving. My arms were drenched, and I was soaked from about mid-thigh on down. And I was wearing a nice skirt suit. My feet were sloshing around in my shoes, and I was thankful I didn't wear my newest ones. When the rain is blowing from the side, you may as well not even be carrying an umbrella, because you're going to get DRENCHED. :) Ah well, just kept a sense of humor about the whole thing!

I'm the youngest in my new office by 13 years. I found out this little fact yesterday. At my last company, there were a few coworkers that were younger than me, and about 90% of the people there were under 50, including our company president, so this is new to me. :) It's also the first time anyone has ever guessed that I'm younger than I really am, which I guess could be taken as a compliment, but I don't believe I'm old enough to appreciate that just yet. :)

I really, really like it here.

I purchased my first Christmas gift yesterday! I bought something for Ryan that he had hinted about, so I'm excited about that. (can't say what I got, just in case he checks this today) Last year, since we got married December 10th, and didn't get back from our honeymoon until the 17th, we only had a WEEK to buy gifts! Talk about stressful. Before the wedding, I couldn't even THINK about Christmas until after we got back. This year should be much more enjoyable. :) Christmas is my favorite.

Wow, can you believe we've almost been married a YEAR?! Where does the time go?

Well, we've got a few things on tap for the weekend.. mainly sleeping in, shopping for a few small things, and getting a haircut. (me) Church and football on Sunday. :) Should be nice!

Wow, it's busy now. I guess this is why the weeks go so fast. :) Hope you all have a great, wonderful, fantastic weekend!


7:41 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers