Hey all! :) Did you miss me? I'm starting this at 8:40, but we'll see how long this may take... it gets busy often, with little down time. That'd be why it's Thursday, and I'm just now updating!!
Actually, I wasn't sure if I should post from here, but after a fellow coworker covered phones for me briefly, and was on match.com while I was away, that kinda clued me in that they don't monitor internet. Still, I've been limiting it to just checking my gmail account, and my bank account online, along with occasionally checking the news if I happen to get a free moment.
In any event, I love my job!! It's very, very busy, (it's not uncommon for 5 lines to be ringing at once) and there is so much information to take in. My head was absolutely swimming on Monday morning, and I didn't know how I'd ever remember everything, but I am. By Monday afternoon, I was covering on my own. The lady who trained me has been very impressed, (and told my boss so) so that's a really, really good feeling.
The best part, though, are the people I work with. Roughly 35 people to get acquainted with, and I think I know them all by name now. My last company had nearly 100 at their peak, so 35 isn't too bad. They are wonderful; they're so supportive and encouraging, and very friendly and talkative.
They're heavy on the compliments, too, let me tell ya. Yesterday, two of the agents were commenting on how I seem like I've been here forever, and am really doing a great job. Another lady told me that she hopes I'll be here for the next 16 years, as the previous receptionist did. One agent, who is married to the son of an all-star quarterback, said that I'm "adorable," and that I "look just like a Barbie." I really don't know about all that, but that's just how she is: very, very sweet. They're ALL very sweet, no lie.
I love my office.. they renovated it just a year ago, and had it painted and decorated.. it's gorgeous, with a large window, and a glass door overlooking the busy main street. LOVE it.
I feel incredibly blessed.. this job feels like the perfect fit.
The weather here is unbelievable... I know fall officially starts on Saturday, but it feels like it already arrived! It smells like fall, and feels like fall all-around. The temp dipped down to 42 last night, so if that's not fall weather, I don't know what is. Pretty soon the leaves will be changing, and it'll be time for a drive to Skyline Drive in the mountains. :) I'm hoping they'll be pretty this year with all the rain we've gotten.
Well, I guess I'll wrap this up! Just wanted to let you all know how the job was going. :) Hope you're all doing great!
WOW! This job is REALLY working out well. Praise the Lord for his provision :)
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:59 PM, September 21, 2006
Hey buddy! I missed you online this week! :( I wanted to call and see how the job was going, but I've been sickly sickly and didn't have much of a voice. I've been thinkin' about ya, though, and praying for you all week! I'm SO happy that you love the new job! :) Can't wait to meet you for lunch downtown! :-D LOVE YOU BUDDY!!