Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Wait -

Perhaps even more nerve-wracking than the interview itself is The Wait. During which, you over-analyze every little thing you said, wonder what they really thought about you, and replay it in your head. Yeah, I admit it, sometimes I think too much. I just hope it's not a long wait, and I'll find out one way or the other about both jobs fairly soon!

I've been here at the office since just before 7:30. I'm really enjoying getting a little bit of overtime in each paycheck; it makes a difference. :) I stepped outside of our apartment this morning, and there was a huge, gigantic, dead bug a few feet away. Know what it was? A cicada! I thought those things were long gone, but there's definitely no mistaking one. Gross creatures.

I created and edited a wedding album that Ryan and I would LOVE to order. It's a deluxe coffee table book, made with mypublisher's software, with every single picture we'd want to have. Total cost would be $164. Not bad for an album, but not something we can afford at the moment... or anytime soon, that I know of! :) We'll see.

Do you ever wonder how some people are able to afford things? I mean, like, young people with extravagant things. Do they make at least six figures? Are they putting it on credit? Like, luxury handbags.. over $500 on a purse. How?! Not like I'd really want a $500 handbag.. I'd be worried that I'd hurt it. Or that the dog may eat it. (Did I mention that he got a hold of one of my brand new "interviewing" shoes? Right before my interview? It's a good thing I caught him early, or it may have been the last thing he ever touched!)

One thing I noticed this morning was how many of the cars in our apartment complex's parking lots are definite LUXURY vehicles. Z's, BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses, and Escalades. I'm sorry, but if I wanted an expensive vehicle, I'd at least wait until I wasn't renting anymore. My main priority is not a nice car.. I'd like a home! :)

Funny how money is the topic of conversation when you're low on it! :) Still recovering from the unexpected expenses last month.. truck repair, Ryan's knee surgery, etc. But we'll be fine! God provides.. always does. At least we're learning from these things.

Better get back to work! Have a great day. :)


6:57 AM

Comments:
Yeah I definitely understand what you're saying about luxury items. As much as I'd like a new car, there are a lot of other things that are more important right now- like getting out of debt! lol :-P I think some people just don't want other people to know that they don't have as much money as they'd like. But c'mon, nearly everybody in the real world (non celebs and such) deal with money problems, and I think nearly everyday has less money than you'd think :-P
 
HAHA!! Sorry, just had to laugh about your renting with a brand new expensive car.:) I hear you on that one. Our apartment complex is the same way. The only exception is that a lot of these people are doctors, but it still doesn't explain why they would rather buy an expensive car than to get a house. I know a house is lots of work, but at least it's your own and you can do what you like to it. My theory is that most people are just trying to "keep up with the Joneses", whether at work, home, or wherever.

Speaking of shoes, my CAT (yes, I said cat) tore up one of my flip-flops a few weeks ago and I was furious, so I can't imagine if they were a high-priced pair of sandals that she had did that to!
 
I really think it's credit... it's so easy to hand over a little card, swipe it, and walk away with whatever you wanted... after all, you only have to pay the minimum payment anyway, right? *sigh* I try to get across to the kids I teach how quickly interest piles up, but they just don't get it.
 
i saw 'the family man' years ago - but i don't remember this song.. and i LOVE seal. one of my all time favorites.

just getting caught up with you.. it's been awhile.. life has taken over for me. : ) can't believe summer is almost over.

when we were first married we bought an expensive (for us) brand new car... now i look back and think.. we should have put that money into a nicer house. of course, we've since moved from there and i love my house now.. but you learn things through the years and think about how you would have done certain things differently. : )
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers