You're not going to believe this! I got a call yesterday from Emily R., the wife of Ryan's good friend, Derek, and you will never guess what she got in the mail the other day! A package came for them, from me, which contained some baby items that I had sent them for their daughter Grace, which I sent months before she was born, before they even knew she was a girl, which was over TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!
To top it all off, they moved about 6 months ago, so the USPS tracked them down to their new address. So, please tell me, WHAT did they do with my package for the past two years?! Was it serving as a coffee table? An ottoman? A place to sit when they got tired? TWO YEARS!!
Anyway. :) Good morning! I didn't update yesterday because I got my hubby's stomach bug, again, and left work about an hour after I got here. We keep passing this blasted thing back and forth, but this time was worse. He was feeling awful on Monday evening, and was thinking he was having hernia-related pain. Well, I had the same.exact.pain yesterday, so it's not his hernia, (minor, doesn't need surgery) thank God. I spent most of the day yesterday on the couch, feeling awful. I'm doing okay today, but then again, I haven't eaten anything yet.
I did manage to accomplish some things yesterday, though. I put on a happy face, perked up, and called back some companies that had called about my resume. I have three interviews set up! My first one is tomorrow morning, 9:00, for an admin. position for an insurance company. The location is fantastic! Then I have an interview/testing next Tuesday with Accountemps, and an interview on Thursday with a recruiter from Spherion. If I get a choice in the matter, I'd really love to get the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow, so I don't have to deal with temping or being "recruited." I'm totally open to my options, though.
I watched two movies yesterday, as I was tied down to the couch. The first one was twisted and so awful, (Derailed) and the second was just plain boring, predictable, and just not interesting at all. (An Unfinished Life) At least I had a coupon to use for them! 2.99 for any movie.
Lets see.. what else? I finally broke down and ordered a new pair of jeans. I have three pairs, but two of them have holes. Big holes. One was accidentally self-inflicted with an Exacto blade while I was working on an art project a couple years ago, but still. So, I really only have one pair of jeans, and I've been on the lookout for a new pair. Well! Bluefly.com had their annual Bluesale, and I was able to get a $170 pair of jeans for $55! The brand is Loomstate, which I had never tried before, and they use 100% organic cotton. (not that I care, honestly) They are perfect, because they're not super low-rise like most you find, and they fit perfectly! I'm very happy with them. :) Finding a good pair of jeans isn't easy.
Well, I've got some work to catch up on! Hope you all have a great day. :)
That story about the package is crazy. I've never heard of something like that happening! Would be kinda interesting to know where that box has been all these years, though...
As for jeans - I TOTALLY feel your pain. I despise pants shopping, and when I find a brand that actually carries pants/jeans long enough (I usually have good luck with Gap and Aeropostale), I buy them in multiple colors/washes. I know we're the same height, but do you have inseam length issues? My height is ALL leg, so pants are impossible. Anyway, what a steal! :)
Good luck with the interviews & hope you're feeling better!