Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pictures & Randomness -

Good morning! Feeling a little bit under the weather, (yep, I caught the bug) but so far today, so good. I'm on the dry cereal diet today because of it, so I'll hopefully be fine here at work. :) Nothing worse than getting sick at work, so here's to hoping!

Yesterday, I called the company I had interviewed for last Monday. My husband knows me so well.. he called me, and goes, "Have you called them yet? No? Okay, I'll get off the phone and call you back in ten minutes to see what they said." :) He's so funny.. he KNEW I wouldn't call unless he pushed me to. So, I called, and whaddya know.. they filled both positions. :( The billing specialist position that I wanted was filled internally, so I didn't really even have a chance. Most companies will ALWAYS go with someone they already employ over a new person. Ah well. I kinda figured if I hadn't heard back by now, it wasn't a good sign.

I do have an interview tomorrow at 10 AM. I'm not sure if I'm excited about it or not, but I'm still going to go into it optimistically. Of course, I'm still sending out my resume to new places. Keep praying, please!

I uploaded all of the crab feast pictures! You can go see them here: Maryland Crab Feast. There are 20 pics. Enjoy!

Okay, so here's the spider story. I had totally forgotten about it, but a few of you apparently hadn't. :) So! On Thursday, I had just prepared my salad in the kitchen, and was walking back to my office, when I noticed a HUGE, ENORMOUS spider on the wall outside our door. I yelled to B., who I share an office with, and asked him to kill it. (I hate spiders) So, he killed it, and says, "I think that was a brown recluse." Oh, great.

So, we go over to my computer, and I hop online to go find pictures of brown recluses. B. had picked up the dead spider, and was holding him out so we could both compare the dead spider to the online pictures. B. is kind of over my shoulder to look at the pictures, when he accidentally loses his grip on the dead spider, and it plunks down into my salad, which I had set down on my desk. GROSS! It landed on a crouton, so I carefully picked the crouton out of the salad, and tossed the crouton and spider in the trash. Of course, by now, the salad looks WAY less appetizing, but I was starving, and we didn't have the money last week (day before pay day) for me to just run out and get something else to eat. So, I ate the salad. (but ate around the spot where the crouton had been)

Oh, and it wasn't a recluse. It had the same body, but no brown violin mark. I'm still slightly paranoid now, though.

On that note, here are a couple pictures from Sunday morning.

Bella, our happy bird, out on the deck. (who we're
now convinced is, in fact, a boy bird. Hmm.)

Our new chair, which I never posted pictures of.
Ryan and I sit out here in the early mornings. :)


Oh! Big news that I must share! Our vacation is quickly approaching, (Sept. 10-16) and we finally have some plans! Woohoo!

Have a great day. :)



7:16 AM

Comments:
Ewww... gross spider story. I haaate spiders! *shudders*

I am sorry the job opportunities didn't pan out. The Lord has something better for you - I am sure of that!

Great pics from the crab feast. Your little cousins are adorable :) Looks like everyone had such a good time!
 
I absolutely abhor spiders!!! Eeeek!:)

The babies are sooo cute! Makes you just want one right now, doesn't it? HAHA! J/k!;)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers