Good morning! I've got to say, one nice thing about my current work situation, (losing my job on Sept. 6th along with the rest of accounting, marketing, and shipping) is that everyone is very supportive of my job search. I can say that I had an interview, and that's GREAT! Everyone wants to hear how it went, 'cause it's GREAT! I can waltz in here in a skirt suit rather than our normal business casual, and it's a GREAT thing, because everyone is so supportive. It's just all around great.
Wanna know what's not great? My only closed-toe shoes, which, despite being over 6 months old, STILL are not worn in. I could barely walk by the end of the day, because my heels were worn raw. Ouch!
I changed after work, and ran some errands. I purchased a super cute candy pink cami (on clearance) for $3.99! And a cute, new dish towel, as well as a new belt for Ryan. Total for my three purchases? $16.88. It's a love/hate relationship that I have with Ross. Somedays, like yesterday, I really love them. Other days, when I'm standing in an 8-deep line to check out that's not moving, I swear up and down that I'll never go there again. But I always come back for more. :)
My coworker is currently taking down all of his pictures, his calendar, and all of the mementos presently plastered all over his workspace. "You leaving?" I joked. "Nah, just don't want to wait till the last minute," he responded. We do still have over a month left... hmm. I'm sure I'll wait till the very last day before I take mine down. There's nothing more depressing and dull than a picture-less workspace!
Thanks again for all of the encouragement regarding my job search. :) All of you are amazing. Hope you have a great day!
it's a bittersweet thing taking down pix.. at any point. hope things go well with your new search. i love deals like that.. to walk out of a store with several things in hand after spending less than twenty.. that's a great day in my book.
It took me a week to get pics up on my wall...but i love seeing them! It makes me much happier at work!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
12:18 PM, August 01, 2006
I am like that with stores that get big lines, too. I'll say "I'm never coming back on X-day of the week" but then two weeks later I am back and frustrated again :) But if there are good deals - it's hard to stay away!
I am glad everyone is so supportive of your job hunt - it really must make things easier!
hey girl, i was reading your monday post and got really excited when you said they would train you in dental assisting. it's an awesome job! i loved it when i did it!!! hope you get the job, thanks for your thoughts and prayers!